~ Chapter 15 ~

Night at Kocho's place: Part 1

Y/N finally arrived at Shinobu's and Kanae's house, knocking on the door. Kanao leisurely opened it. She looked all pouty, because her older sisters were hosting something fun, without letting her join and she had to open door for their guests too, since Shinobu and Kanae were busy, finishing preparations. No, they were not cruel to her: Kanao never felt with them that they were not related by blood. Sisters bought her favorite snacks and toys to keep her entertained, she was just not allowed to join senior student fun.

„Uhh... hi."

„Hi." Kanao repeated, „They are upstairs."

Y/N walked inside, going where Kanao pointed.

„Hello!" Kanae greeted, waving and smiling widely. She looked a lot like her sister, but their personalities were completely different. Kanae was gentle and easygoing, whereas Shinobu ovelflowed with passive aggressiveness.

Y/N waved back, looking around. Suma, Makio and Hinatsuru were already here. Makio was arguing with Suma for not bringing enough snacks, Hinatsuru sighed occasionally, her face was buried in her hands, as she was beginning to feel existential dread just by being around those two. Shinobu stood next to Mitsuri, helping her unpack stuff.

„So, where is the pizza?" Y/N questioned.

„Wait until everyone is gathered."

„Ugh... how many people are we waiting for? Why are we making their sluggishness our problem?" Y/N groaned. She began getting prepared few hours earlier, to arrive in time.

„Relax, only the one guest is missing." Shinobu stated, placing nail polishes of every color on the table.

„She better hurry up, then..." Y/N said, mumbling, „I am just here for food. I barely talk to any of you at the school..."

She wondered who could that be. Some girl she did not know? Perhaps Nakime changed her mind? Would it be Mukago? Y/N knew that her relationship with her crush was completely fake, but she did not want to see her, anyway. Hopefully it would not be Mukago... it was less likely to be her: She was really quiet most of the time, sometimes even teachers forgot that she existed.

„Actually..." Kanae began, but the sound of knocking interrupted her.

„It must be him. Finally. We can start now." Shinobu commented.

Him? Was Gyokko feeling better already? Hopefully he did not have anything contagious...

„Hello! Sorry for making everyone wait. Train door closed right in front of me and I had to wait for another one."

What. The. Fuck. What was Enmu doing here?! They could live without a gay replacement, could not they?!

Y/N stared at him, frozen, feeling her heart pound so frantically, it nearly made her body quiver along its rhythm. That was horrible, being forced to spend so much time with him. And if someone would begin the conversation about crushes... Y/N would probably flee straight out of the second floor window... it could not possibly hurt as much as hearing his rants about Muzan all night. What was wrong with her? It was time to get over him.

„That is fine, you are just in time. We finished preparations only a few minutes ago, they took longer than we expected." Kanae offered him her usual cheerful smile. „It is your first time coming here, so it could be worse, you could get lost."

„Everyone, get your bums here!" Shinobu demanded, pointing at the chairs around the wooden table, „Traditionally, we start by painting nails... usually Gyokko painted everyone's nails and then Mitsuri painted his, but since he could not come, I guess we will divide in pairs."