~ Chapter 31 ~

It took a few days for Enmu to gather some courage for approaching Y/N. When he finally felt like he was ready, he could not find her anywhere, so he began to wander around, checking empty classes to see if she was hiding from Shinobu or something like that.

Someone else managed to find her sooner, however.

* * *

„You nearly gave me a heart attack." Y/N sighed, glaring at Muzan, „I thought Shinobu found me. What are you doing here?"

„I was looking for you. I noticed that you walked this way."

„Uhh... for what?" She blinked.

„For this." He replied, lifting her up and pushing her down onto the desk before smashing his lips against hers.

„Wha... what the heck?!" Y/N gasped for air as his lips moved to her neck.

„Do you want me to stop?" Muzan questioned.

Y/N stayed silent. She still hated his guts, but he was fairly attractive and his touches felt nice. He definitely knew what he was doing. She doubted a narcissist like him cared about pleasing his partners, though. His ego probably craved to be cool at everything.

„I thought so." Muzan chuckled after a few minutes of silence, without any sign of approval or denial.

„Is... is this what you were doing with Daki, huh?!" She gasped as he positioned himself between her legs, fondling her hips.

„Not quite; she is still seventeen, I was going easy on her."

„What are we doing, exactly?" Y/N yelped, closing her eyes as he nibbled on her neck.

„Nothing we should not be doing in a classroom."

„I have doubts about that." She mumbled, wrapping her arms around his waist. Y/N turned her head, hearing the door creak, but no one seemed to be there. „Fuck, someone saw us... I sure hope Shinobu is not waiting for me out there with a hatchet or something."

„Do not worry; it was just Enmu."

„I should go." Y/N said, trying to stand up. If they stayed alone too long, Enmu might have assumed the worst. She could not let him torture himself with those imaginations. Even if the very thought of him, wishing to switch place with Y/N, nearly made her scream in agony. It probably already pained him enough, always watching his crush with others.

„We have six more minutes." Muzan stopped her, gently biting her earlobe.

„Fine, maybe I will stay for a minute or two." She groaned, melting into his touch. Her fingers slid through his silky hair, aggressively clutching it.

„Sometimes it feels like you hate me." He commented, biting her little more roughly.

„That is because I do." She said blankly, making him chuckle. Did he think she was joking? Perhaps he assumed that she was tsundere. Y/N completely meant it, though. Sure, she could not deny that she was physically attracted to him, but she never stopped seeing him as her obnoxious love rival. No matter how perfect he looked, he was still perfectly detestable to her. His luck, his ego... everything irritated her. Part of her wanted to kick his nuts and run away, showing him that he could not have everything he wanted, but another, more carnal part wished to stay and enjoy his touches. There was something hot about making out with your love rival and stealing your enemy's man, not to mention that he was rather promising young male model.

* * *

Enmu quickly walked away, stopping once he was far enough and pressing his back against a wall. He breathed heavily, feeling too unsettled to know what to do. Accept his fate and sulk in the empty art club again? Think of something to interrupt them without pissing Y/N off even more? That sounded tempting. He could not let someone touch his Y/N. Not even his idol.

* * *

„Is that a fire alarm?" Y/N questioned, freeing herself from Muzan's arms.

„Sounds like it." He shrugged, following her out of the classroom.

„I cannot see or smell smoke..." Y/N mumbled to herself. „Could Douma set toilet on fire again?"

„What?"

„Weed accident." Y/N shrugged. Sure, Enmu saw them earlier, but he never pulled that trick when Daki was clinging all over his crush, so he would not be involved in this, right?

They joined other students in the school yard.

„What the hell happened?" Hotaru was looking around confusedly, frowning.

„I bet Douma is smoking weed in the toilet with Gyutaro, again." Akaza shook his head.

„No way, I confiscated all the weed from him this morning."

„Really? Where did you take it?" Y/N questioned.

„I gave it to Amane, of course."

„Damn, I bet you guys get stoned as fuck, after school closes." Y/N shook her head, „Anyways... if Douma is not smoking... then... maybe Shinobu trapped him in the toilet cabin and set him on fire, or something... Shall we call ambulance? Cops, maybe?"

„It does not smell like barbeque." Tanjiro shook his head.

„Perhaps children were messing around with matches." Enmu shrugged, joining the group.

„I would like to speak with you. Alone." Muzan said strictly, placing his hand on Enmu's shoulder and lightly pushing him towards the corner.

„Eh? Sure." Enmu blinked innocently, looking surprised. „What is it?"

„It was you, was not it?" Muzan questioned once they were far enough from the others.

„Hm? What are you talking about?"

„Fire alarm."

„No, I have not smoked anything for a while."

„You stopped helping me with song lyrics lately."

„If you can have writer's block, us, pathetic peasants are not safe from it, either." Enmu shrugged. „It will not hurt to do stuff on your own, sometimes. You are doing everything better than everyone else, after all..."

„Does it bother you? The fact that I am dating Y/N? I know you like her, but you do not have to be such a cockblocker. You are probably mad at me for dating your crush, despite being aware of your feelings for her. You might think that I am a shitty friend, but you had more than enough time to ask her out. Look at me and tell me that I did not give you enough time. Surely I would not sit back and watch your fiasco endlessly. I like her as well. I liked her before you would be transferred."

„I never said that I like her. We are just friends... well, at least we used to be, shortly. I have not done anything. I stopped helping you because I am too busy." Enmu furrowed his brows, „You liked Y/N for a while, huh? Then why were you dating Daki? Did she blackmail you?"

„No. I liked Daki as well and she approached me first." Muzan shrugged. He liked when girls clung to his neck on their own, it made him feel irresistible.

„Hmph... Speaking of Y/N... could you ask her, why did she begin ignoring me back then?"

„See? You cannot even ask one simple question on your own. You think you could have her, if I did not get in your way? Think again. Someone else would steal her away from you, anyway. So, do not blame me for not waiting for you to grow balls, for decades. Blame your miserable flirting skills." Muzan shook his head, walking away.