The Rogue Prince & the Silver Princess

The Red Keep, King's Landing

112 AC

"When did he arrive?" Elaera inquired.

"He past though the Red Keep's gates at first light." Arryk informed her as they neared the double doors that lead to the Throne Room.

"Does my father know yet?" she asked.

"No." her swornshield said.

"That's probably a good thing." the silver haired princess muttered as Arryk opened the door.

"Gods be good." he whispered in horror when they saw Daemon on the Iron Throne. Unless you were the king, it was treason to sit on the Iron Throne.

"It's alright, Ser." Elaera hummed, the Kingsguard reluctantly backing out of the room. Elaera strode forward, her steps echoing through the hall.

"What are you doing, Uncle?" she demanded.

"Sitting. This could be very well my chair one day." Daemon answered.

"Then I shall pray mother gives me a brother." Elaera snapped. "And you have not visited court in ages."

"Court is dreadfully boring." Daemon said dully.

"Then why come back?" his wife said unimpressed.

"I heard your father is hosting a tourney in my honor." the Rogue Prince said, a smirk in his voice.

"His new heir. My brother." Elaera rolled her eyes.

Daemon stood up, walking down the steps. "Until your mother gives birth to a living son, you are all cursed with me."

"With the heartburn and the shape of her belly, all the midwives and Maester Gerardys agree its a boy. Even the Blackwood and Bracken midwives agree its a boy. And they fight just as infamously as the houses that employ them." the lilac eyed princess said smugly.

Daemon stopped a few feet infant of her. "I brought you something."

Elaera raised her silver eyebrows in surprise when he showed her a beautiful necklace. Before, most jewels and jewelry went to Rhaenyra—he understood her love of science and mathematics and brought her gifts related to those topics.

The chain of the necklace was the size of her middle finger and she couldn't resist taking the pendant between her fingers. The pendant was made of three intertwined rings with an amethyst in the center.

"This is Valyrian Steel. Like Blackfyre and Dark Sister."

He snatched the necklace. "Turn around." he commanded.

Rolling her eyes, she did and he put the necklace on her. 

"Beautiful." he complimented. "Will I get your favor tomorrow?"

"Depends if I want to feed you to Perzysia or not." the Silver Princess snorted before walking away.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!