Return of the Rogue Prince (part 2)

Skies Above Caelum

115 AC

He could see the lights of Caelum as he flew over it, the few villages and the brighter and more numerous lights of Everlight Haven. Dawn had come by the time Caelum had come into sight.

From the volcano extended to mountains that formed a bay, encircling it and it only had a single entry point. The Valyrians had harnessed a gate that would drop down at night to keep out pirates and could be pulled back up during the day.

We're here... finally. Caraxes snorted, flying behind some clouds and then getting closer to the Midnight Fortress.

A few guards snapped to alertness when they saw him but let him in. A servant escorted him to the private family chambers.

"Who are you?" a tiny voice asked as the door shut behind him. A little boy with silver-white hair and sleepy deep purple eyes looked up at him. "Only people Muña knows can come in here, and I don't know you."

Muña

Elaera.

"I'm your Kepa, Maekar." he greeted, kneeling down.

"Aren't you suppose to be in the Stepstones?" Maekar frowned.

"I came back." he said quietly.

"Maekar, who are you talking to—" a painfully familiar voice inquired and the Rogue Prince looked up to see the Silver Princess for the first time in three years.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!