Return of the Rogue Prince (part 1)

Balcony overlooking the Gardens of Maegor's Holdfast, the Red Keep

115 AC

"It is good to see you again, brother." Viserys said in High Valyrian. 

"You to. You look better." Daemon said.

"Elaera has been sending me healers from Caelum and Essos. They've been doing better than the Maesters, so I made them the royal cabal." the King said with a smile.

Daemon shifted. He had skipped Caelum... he had left Elaera in the middle of the night after they had sex with no word, no warning.

She had to hate him at this point.

"I'm glad she's doing okay. Caelum and Everlight Haven are prospering." the Rogue Prince said.

"They are. And when are you going to meet your son?" Viserys said.

"In a while." Daemon said evasively.

"I will banish you to Caelum." the the last rider of Balerion said calmly.

"You wouldn't." the rider of Caraxes protested.

There was silence.

"Okay you would."

Daemon & Elaera's apartments, Maegor's Holdfast

115 AC

Daemon sighed as he sat in one of the chairs. Rhaenyra had made several remarks about Maekar and how her nephew would love to meet his father when he went to see her.

If he wasn't married to Elaera, or if Elaera didn't exist, he would be trying to seduce the Crown Princess. But Rhaenyra's moral code and her common sense meant she would refuse his advances since he was married to her sister.

"Sisters do not fuck their sister's husband." she had said once. And Daemon had made sure to never be alone with her, so her courting with Laenor wouldn't be torn by the Greens.

He left in the middle of the night atop Caraxes to the Midnight Fortress, longing for his wife, to meet his son.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.