Interlude: Dusk of the Dance

Following the Battle of the Eyrie, came the Dusk of the Dance. In this period, the Greens were truly at lost, with more switching allegiance to the Blacks by the day.

Following Prince Aemond's capture, came word that Prince Daemon, Prince Consort Harwin Strong, and Prince Aerion had taken a large portion of hte RIverlands, from Maidenpool to Seaguard. Prince Aerion would remain stationed in the Riverlands for the rest of the war with Harwin Strong.

The last major event in the Dusk of the Dance was the Battle of the Honeywine. During this, the Hightower army and Prince Daeron faced atop Tessarion off against the assembled Reach Black loyalists and their combine armies, along with Princess Aerea and the fearsome black beast, Morhgul.

The fighting was fierce, with the Blue Queen and the Black Death fighting in the skies. But in the end, Morghul's greater size allowed him to snatch Tessarion in his claws and burn her, but she would live. Daeron was captured and the Hightower army scattered.

The next events would decide the fate of the Blacks and the Greens.

— excerpt from Princess Visenya Velaryon's 'The Dance of the Dragons'.

So, this is my attempt at writing an excerpt within a book. But I hope you all enjoyed it!