Return to Dragonstone

Skies Above Dragonstone Island

132 AC

Perzsyia shrieked when she saw Caraxes. The Blood Wyrm roared in delight to see his mate, following her as she landed at Dragonstone Castle.

Rhaenyra was running when she saw the Fire Queen, and embraced her sister in a hug when Elaera slide off Perzysia.

Elaera returned the hug fiercely.

"You found my plans?" she demanded.

"We have." Rhaenyra nodded. "Your family is here–come, we have a war to plan."

Chamber of the Painted Table, Dragonstone Castle

132 AC

"We have the Starks, the Tyrells, and the Arryns. The Riverlands will be fractured just like the Reach, but Aunt Elys did marry into House Tyrell and I have met Cousin Matthos several times." Rhaenyra said.

"We need to confirm House Baratheon and House Lannister." Daemon said. 

Elaera paused at the Westerlands. The Hand of the Queen pin shown on her breast.

"The Lannisters want their blood on the throne, either through a Lannister Queen or a half Lannister, half Targaryen Consort." she turned to Rhaenyra. "Your former Lady in Waiting, Leila Tyrell, she married Jason before her death? Gave birth to his oldest son, Adrian Lannister, a lad of seventeen and a knight." Elaera said. "Jason has been on the hunt for looking for a proper wife for Ser Adrian."

The Wise turned to her second oldest daughter. "Rhaena, can you tolerate Ser Adrian, I believe?"

"I can." Rhaena said. "Adrian has his mother's mind."

"Leila did beat 'respect women and your wife' into him." Johanna Lannister confirmed. She had come to Dragonstone as well.

"A betrothal between Rhaena and Adrian." Daemon said, pained at the thought of his daughter marrying a stranger, blood or not.  

At least Baela had been promised to Jacaerys, whom she had known since childhood and Daemon could trust that their future marriage would be one of love and support, friendship and respect.

"Good. Rhaena, you will go to the Westerlands." Elaera said. "Secure House Lannisters support."

"Baela and I can go to the Eyrie and Winterfell." Jacaerys offered. "She can confirm Lady Jeyne's support, while I fly ahead to Winterfell."

"There, we can meet up." Baela finished.

"That's a good plan." Corlys agreed.

"Luke and I can go to Storm's End." Maekar suggested. "We can negotiate Lord Borros's support, and Lucerys is his three oldest daughter's cousin."

"So I'm going to the Westerlands, Baela and Jace to the Vale and the North, Maekar and Lucerys shall go to the Stormlands." Rhaena summarized.

"It would be best if I went with you." Johanna said to Rhaena. "I am a Lannister and I know my blood family's... intrigues the best."

The rider of Skyfall nodded in agreement.

"What about the Reach and the Riverlands?" Rhaenys frowned.

"They'll be torn." Harwin said bluntly. "If I can get to the Riverlands, I can rally the Blacks from Harrenhal."

"Then I shall go with you. We'll get there faster on dragonback." Daemon said. "I can bring Aerion with me."

The Silver Lady wanted to say something about sending their fifteen year old son to the front lines.

But this was war, and Daemon would do everything in his power to ensure Aerion's safety.

"Aerea, Visenya, you shall fly to House Tyrell. Ensure their support, and if you must help the Blacks win a battle or too. If you face Daeron, do not kill him. We cannot bear the weight of kinslaying right now." Elaera instructed.

The two girls nodded in tandem.

Another round of confirmations, and the messengers departed Dragonstone.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!