Fall of King's Landing

Aegon's Chambers, Maegor's Holdfast, the Red Keep

Late 132 AC

Aegon smirked as the whore moaned under him. "Right there my king..."

He swore as his mother stormed in. She looked horrified and he rolled his eyes.

"Get out!" she barked at the whore and the whore did just that.

"What is it mother?" he groaned.

"You are king and this is what you have been doing—"

Ser Gawyne, his uncle and a new knight of the Kingsguard, entered, pale faced.

"What is it now?" he whined.

"Dragons have been spotted, Your Majesty. And the smallfolk are storming the gates!"

Skies Above King's Landing

Late 132 AC

The wind whipped at her face, and Elaera's eyes narrowed as she saw Sunfyre take off, Vhagar following.

"They're fleeing!" she yelled to Rhaenyra.

"Let them!" Rhaenyra yelled back. "They'll be remembered as cowards!"

Elaera nodded and the dragons—Syrax, Perzysia, Meleys, Vermithor, and Arrax all descended on the Red Keep.

Arrax was small enough to land in the courtyard, while the other dragons hovered or perched on the buildings, letting their riders slide down their wings.

Soon after this, the Gold Cloaks threw open the gates. They were all still loyal to Daemon, and thenceforth the Blacks, so they had been enlisted at Maekar's suggestion.

And so, with Rhaenyra leading the charge, they began to purge the Red Keep of the Greens.

Those forced to bow to the Greens against their will where let off with a small fine, while those who were genuinely loyal to the Greens were imprisoned.

Otto Hightower, on the other hand, was executed. Criston Cole wasn't there unfortunately, but Ser Gawyne Hightower was also executed, along with Ser Marston Waters and Ser Gyles Belgrave.

Helaena, seven year old Jaehaera and Jaehaerys, and three year old Maelor had all been abandoned. Helaena happily bowed to Rhaenyra, only requesting to leave the city she hated.

Her wish was granted, and after putting Aegon's three children behind all of the Blacks in terms of succession, they left for Dragonstone. There, Rhaenys, who was fond of Helaena, would keep an eye on them.

Ser Lyam Beesbury, who had been imprisoned, was released and when the elderly lord requested his retirement, he was granted it and given a large sack of gold as compensation.

They discovered that the royal treasury had been planned to been moved, but the Blacks had shown up early enough that they had foiled the plan.

And by sunset, King's Landing was now the Blacks.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed.