Funeral and Dragonfire

High Tide, Driftmark Island

126 AC

After the speeches were given, the casket of Ser Laenor Velaryon was tossed into the sea. Laena was there as well and weeping as Borros held her close.

"Maekar, Baela, Rhaena, Aerion, Aerea, Alyssia, please go comfort your cousins." Elaera murmured.

Rhaenys and Rhaenyra had Jacaerys, Visenya, Lucerys, and Joffrey between them during the funeral, but now the four were sitting on one of the benches.

"Got it Muña." Maekar nodded and he lead his siblings to his cousins. There, they offered their apologies to them.

"A certain Prince is looking very jealous that Maekar has Visenya's attention." Daemon murmured, and Elaera saw Aemond glaring at Maekar, who was holding Visenya's hand.

"I think Maekar prefers men similar to Laenor. I've seen him turn beat red when he saw a certain squire shirtless." Elaera smiled softly. She didn't mind if her son preferred men, he was her firstborn, she would love him regardless.

And beside, they had the turkey bastard method if he wanted to sire children, or Baela could inherit Caelum if Maekar had no wish to marry.

Aemond was glaring at his nephew, because it wasn't fair that he got Visenya's attention. It should be me, he thought sulkily.

He blanched when he saw Elaera glare at him. His older half sister always scared him.

Aemond tried to hold her gaze, but he looked away first.

High Tide, Driftmark Island

126 AC

Later that day, Laena Velaryon went into labor with her fourth child. Something went wrong, and when the Maester claimed the only way to save the baby was to cut her up, Elaera, Rhaenys and Rhaenyra helped Laena up and out of the room.

They stood back as Laena staggered for Vhagar and screamed Dracarys. The Queen Who Never Was was weeping, for her daughter and grandchild, but her cousins held her close.

Because this way was less painful than to be cut open.

The Ruby Dragon still remembered the bed of blood, her mother's mauled corpse, and could not let that happen to Laena Velaryon.

It took another two tries, but Laena went out on her own terms.

That is today's chapter. I still needed to have Aemond get Vhagar, but Laena was still alive...

Please don't hate me.

Merry Christmas!