Preperations for Dinner

Elaera & Daemon's Apartments, Maegor's Holdfast

132 AC

After the hearing and announcing Maekar's betrothal to Adrianna, Viserys declared that his family, all of his family, would dine together.

There was also the announcement of the betrothal between Visenya and Vaenar Velaryon, Vaemond's son who had stood true with Corlys and informed Grand Scholar Katherine of Vaemond's plans.

Vaenar was sixteen and had squired under Daemon, and Laenor and Rhaenyra had intended to betrothal Visenya and Vaenar. But the betrothal was sped up, and Visenya and Vaenar, already sweet on each other, were happily betrothed with marriage coming once Visenya hit eighteen.

And so, the two rival branches prepared to have dinner with the people whom they hated.

"I say that whenever someone says something that could be an insult, we drink." Baela suggested. She had chosen a sleevless and backless blood red gown made from Myrish silk with black lace patterns.

"Oooh that sounds fun." Visenya agreed. To celebrate her victory, she was in a Velaryon blue dress made from velvet with cuffed bellowing sleeves and ocean waves along the skirt made from silver lace.

The Blacks had agreed to rendezvous at Elaera and Daemon's apartments, and were slowly assembling.

"We can't get too drunk at dinner, though." Maekar warned. "Or our parents will be livid."

"True." Rhaena agreed. She wore a floor length light violet gown designed to look like dragon scales, with silver embroidery on the bodice and sleeves. The color of the gown brought out her eyes, and her long silver-gold hair was pulled into a half up half down style.

Jacaerys, Aerion, Adrianna, Aerea, and Lucerys joined in. Alyssia, Lucas, Katherine, Aemma,  and Joffrey were too young to join in.

"What are you all scheming?" Harwin inquired.

"Nothing, Father." Visenya chirped, giving her best innocent face. Harwin would never replace Laenor, but the children of Laenor Velaryon loved Harwin, who loved their mother to death and made her happy.

So they called him Father, but Laenor would always be Kepa.

"Alright, but as long as I have deniability, there's no political backlash for your mother, and it's safe, you can do what you want." Harwin said, amused.

"Don't worry, I don't intend to drink to much." Maekar assured, the ever responsible older brother and cousin.

The adults assembled, and the Blacks headed for the dinning room.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!