The Hearing

Iron Throne Room, the Red Keep

132 AC

Elaera and her family walked next to Rhaenyra and her family. They stood across from the Greens, and she noted how Aemond's eyes lingered on Maekar.

"I have no problem with men bedding men, but I do have a problem with your half brother lusting after our son." Daemon muttered.

"I say we arrange for an accident if Ethan doesn't first." Elaera murmured. Ethan was very devoted to Maekar and vice verse, and they were possessive of each other.

Otto was on the Iron Throne, when Vaemond marched in.

She tuned out most of the argument as Vaemond's sole claim to challenging Visenya was based on her gender.

"Well, I have made my decision." Otto announced. "The heir of the Driftwood Throne is—"

BANG!

There in the doorway stood both Viserys and Corlys. The Greens went white as did Vaemond.

Rhaenyra moved to help her father to the Iron Throne. "Get out of the Throne, Ser Hightower." she commanded.

"But—"

"You are not the king." Elaera said. "So get out."

Otto grudingly got out, and Viserys sat on the Iron Throne once he finished climbing the steps.

"We must express our confusion when we learned we were not invited to the hearing." Corlys said. "Which is a great insult and oversight."

He pulled out two scrolls, and handed on to Viserys.

"In the will of Laenor Velaryon." Viserys announced. "He declares that his second child, Princess Visenya Velaryon, his heir to Driftmark, High Tide, and the Driftwood Throne, and how his younger sons Lucerys and Joffrey shall come after  Visenya in the line of succession."

"I agree with this." Corlys declared solemnly. "My own will has the same, and I am sure that my friends and family shall be very suspicious if it does not when it is read."

Read: Visenya is my heir, I will be very livid in the afterlife if the Greens try to change this.

"There was a contract that after my grandson, Jacaerys Targaryen, the heir of the Driftwood Throne would be the second child, boy or girl." Rhaenys continued. "Visenya was born first, then Lucerys. By our signed contract, she is the heir."

"Then I confirm Princess Visenya Velaryon, the second child of Laenor Velaryon and Rhaenyra Targaryen, the heiress of Driftmark, High Tide, and the Driftwood Throne." Viserys said. "That is my final decision!"

"You break law and centuries of tradition to install your daughter as heir and her daughter after her. Yet you dare tell me who will inherit the Velaryon holdings. No, I will not allow it." Vaemond Velaryon said, openly opposing the King's word in front of the entire court.

"Allow it? You forget yourself, Vaemond." Viserys snarled.

"That girl hasn't spent even a year sailing the Velaryon fleets or on Driftmark!"

"Correction, I have when you were away in Oldtown's brothels!" Visenya snapped.

Vaemond went red in embarrassment.

"Stand down, brother." the Sea Snake snarled. "And I will leave you something in my will!"

"I will not allow the daughter of the Whore of Dragonstone—"

There is the horrible sound of Valyrian steel cutting through flesh and bone and skull.

Daemon stood behind Vaemond's corpse, stone faced and splattered with blood. Her husband had snuck up behind Vaemond, and killed him.

"He can keep his tongue." the Rogue Prince said calmly.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!