Devil fruit

You heard munching in this dead silence, curious you glanced to where it was from, your jaw dropping when you saw Luffy eat the one and only..the gum gum devil fruit making you crave its taste.

As the leader came closer whose name is Higuma, his standing figure rudely pushed Shanks's making him lean on you while Higuma asked for some beer, you felt the red-haired man's arm around your small body for protection "I feel kinda guilty...I guess I drank up all the liquor. Sorry about that" Shanks apologized looking up to the man "why don't you have this? It's still unopened" he then offered a new bottle.

KRACK!!

"You okay?" Shanks turned to you his arm not letting go but only got tighter as you nodded, little drops of liquor sliding down your hair into the table "what do you take me for? You can't make a fool of me! What good is one bottle of grog?" Higuma said his fist still up in the air while Shanks's just sighed "oh my..what a mess" the male looked at the dirty ground as you sighed at your now ruined wet hair.

Getting down from your seat, you bent to pick up the broken glass only for Shanks to grab your wrist stopping you "hey hey now you could hurt yourself" he smiled at you "sorry about this mess Makino, gave me a rag and I'll clean up" he then said picking up the piece carefully. That made the Higuma tch as he pulled out his sword.

You felt a rough push on your back making you stumble but big arms catched you, when you looked up, you found yourself in Benn's arms as his cigarette made a small fog between his smiling lips. Only then you could hear another loud crash so you turn to find Shanks on the ground "you're not hurt, right?" Benn knelled gently wiping your cheek with a napkin as you nodded.

Finally, the bandits left after making such an unnecessary mess.

"Pfft- I managed to bear them~" You placed your hand on your mouth holding down your laughter as Benn chuckled after checking your small hands for any cuts "phew~" then Shanks sighed, it was like a sign because the crew burst out laughing.

"HAR HAR HAR CAP'N"

"HE GOT YOU GOOD!"

"HA HA HA HA!!" Shanks joined in taking his straw hat from the ground "HA HA HA! Oh god! You okay there?" He then glanced nodding your way as you laughed "yep! All good! Except my hair.." you gave him a thumb up.

"YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY?!" Suddenly Luffy yelled making everyone look at him even you "HE MADE YOU LOOK LIKE A WEAKLING!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU FIGHT HIM?!" he screamed at the top of his lungs and went on and on making you walk up to the boy placing your hand on his shoulder "not all fights are worth fighting, Luffy" you said making him look at you confused "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?? AND WHERE DID YOU LEARN THAT FROM!? NOT TO MENTION YOU ALMOST GOT HURT!" He then went on you while Shanks looked at him "when you grown up maybe you'll understand, kid. He just got some grog on me that's all. Needles, killing doesn't make you a man" Shanks explained with a calm gentle voice placing his hat on his head "yeah! He literally got grog on you!" You nodded and the crew covered their Mouthe's at the horrible joke so they wouldn't laugh but it didn't seem to help because Luffy pouted and turned angrily, when Shanks reached to grab him..his arm stretched.

BWOING!!

Luffy's arm went a few inches as he moved away from Shanks while you looked at it between them both poking it "so that's what it does..." You mumbled but it seemed that everyone heard you "HIS ARM'S STRETCHING!!!" Shanks panicked "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!!!" and Luffy was panicking even more as you continued to poke his arm "WHAT DO YOU MEAN!?" Suddenly your feet left your ground as Roux started shaking you back and forth "he...a-ate the devil fruit from that t-t-treasure box" you tried to talk pointing at an empty box on the counter, as the male let you go to scream at Luffy, Yasopp managed to catch you as he gave you an apologetic smile.

Walking up to Luffy, you stood between him and Shanks again as they both looked intensely at each other "YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO SWIM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!" when those words left Shanks's mouth Luffy gasped before letting out a shocked scream "WHAAAAAAAAT!? AAA!!"

"YOU IDIOT!!!"

"LUFFY IS A RUBBER BOY NOW! AWSOME!!"

Luffy, Shanks, and you screamed one after the other.

You swung your legs sitting on one of the restaurant's chairs enjoying the meal Making gave you.

"FOR THE LAST TIME, LUFFY, I WOULDN'T ALLOW YOU AND PRACHI TO BECOME PIRATES!! IT'D MAKE THE VILLAGE LOOK BAD!!"

You could hear the mayor's screams at Luffy as he desperately tried to stop him "fufu~ you both seem excited" Makino chuckled resting her arms on the counter as you nodded "mhm! Luffy and I have set our minds! We will become the strongest pirates! And we will have a strong crew too!!" You told her standing on your seat hands up in the air with a big grin, and then your grey eyes stared deeply into hers with a soft look "and even one day...he'll be king of all pirates I'm sure. I'll be there for him always! And I'll write one the best history books you'll ever read!" You told her chest high proudly as she smiled "is that so? What will it be about?" She asked and you shrugged sitting back "dunno but it's gonna be about the history of pirates! I'm sure there is some mystery out there! Like joy boy"

Then Luffy sulked into the restaurant and sat next to you while Makino went to grab him a glass of juice "you seem in a bad mood" you asked him patting his head "well, the pirates have been out at sea for a long time. Do you miss them?" the woman asked you both wiping a glass as you nodded "a lot! Wakusei is with them too this time! He promised he'll get me something" you told her "I really misjudged those guys!" While Luffy slammed his head on the wood so you laid your head too turning to look at him with a smile as he smiled back.

.

.

"MAYOR! WE'VE GOT A PROBLEM!!"

"You've got a strange body boy"

"Our punches and kicks aren't hurting you at all"

You held tightly at the bleeding spot on your forehead gasping at each breath you took "let go of Luffy!! You coward!!" You stood up stumbling a little, eyes glaring at Higuma as he turned to you then one of his crew landed a harsh kick on your stomach making you crash to a wall "SORA!!" Luffy called your name horrified as you wiped the blood that dripped from your mouth...

'why...why isn't it working!!?'

TO BE CONTINUED​​​​​​​