Out to sea

3 years later..

Luffy, Sora, both 17 years old.

"We're leaving now. Aren't you guys gonna see us off?" Luffy asked peaking from the door, only got yelled at by Dandan, the crew sighing at her actions "Dadan-san~ you aren't sad at all?" Yet the gentle voice made her flinch, you walked in behind Luffy, you smiled your hair covering your determined eyes, Luffy's hat doing the same for him "thank you for everything!!" You and Luffy grinned widely like always, the others waived you off, before you walked away you Luffy turned again "oh yeah! We don't like bandits but..." The boy smiled your way as placed your hands behind your back "we love you guys!!" He turned back at the others "Love you! Everyone! Dadan-san~" You wrapped your arm around Luffy's neck and started to drag him away

"wait for our names? Okay?"

As you and Luffy laughed, you could hear Dadan cry and the crew trying to calm her down just like when Ace left "stop talking nonsense and go away already! You bastards!!!"

You gave Makino the last box, she gave to a crew member from Dadan, he gave you a head pat and wished you luck before leaving, the elders were trying to get Luffy to take a better boat, while you stood next to Makino ready to follow him.

As you stepped up, you paused hearing the sniff "why are you crying now?" You raised an eyebrow looking back at the woman "I'm gonna miss you" Makino wiped her tears and then jumped a little when she feelt your arms around her pulling her into a hug "Thank you...Makino-san.."

Letting go, you stepped away before turning, you sprinted and jumped over the harbor, opening his arms Luffy grinned catching you then placing you on the boat, he chuckled turning to face the ocean and reaching his arms out..

"SABO! WATCH OVER US!! WE'RE GONNA GO OUT TO SEA NOW"

You grinned proudly watching Luffy yell excited as you sat laying your back on the boat's hull "Sabo was first and Ace was second now us! We're third..but we gonna top them Okay? Captain" you corssed your arms feeling the little boat rock with the waives.

"They're finally leaving, Mayor. I'm gonna miss them"

"EVERYONE!! THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!"

From afar, everyone saw you waiving at them along with Luffy, those kids they watched grow up and take care off, 10 years passed in the blink of an eye with the pain moments and the happy memories, now your were leaving...the elders couldn't help but tear up

"TAKE CARE YOU TWO!!!"

"WE WILL READ EVERY NEWS ABOUT YOU!"

"EAT WELL! AND DON'T GET SICK"

"WE'LL MISS YOU!! SORA! LUFFY!"

The last words you heard from them was a promise..

"DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK! TOGETHER!! YOU IDIOTS!"

"What a nice day for setting sail" Luffy chuckled peddling "one more thing.." you looked up at the giant water fall that revealed the sea king, standing up Luffy placed his hat on your head so you held into it..

"I ain't healing you if you get hurt!"

"No way!! He doesn't know who he's messing with"

Now your adventure finally started...

Watching you fall into deep slumber, Luffy smiled happily sitting across from you, letting the calm atmosphere take over as the boat rocked left and right.

Behind you, Luffy squinted his eyes to get a better view but he decided to get up and place a hand over your shoulder to check what it was, slowly getting closer, he finally saw it properly, it was a giant whirlpool making him sigh not knowing what to do. Looking around, his eyes landed on the barrel, an idea popped out. Gently picking you up, Luffy placed you in the barrel but it was too late just when he was about to get in, the whippoor sucked you both and the boat completely destroying it..

Letting a yawn escape his lips, Luffy made sure the barrel's head was closed as he chuckled before pulling you closer between his legs letting you rest your head on his chest and he closed his eyes falling asleep too..

.

..

...

"YAAAAWWWWHHH!! THAT WAS A GREAT NAP!" 

"Eh? Where's the boat?"

Reached his arms out, Luffy jumped out destroying the head of the barrel while you go out lazily letting your arms rest on the object looking around confused.

"Hmm...looks like we survived somehow. I got so dizzy I thought I was gonna barf!! HAHAHAHA!" Luffy laughed proudly as you looked up to him "hey Luffy, we got guests~" you yawned not bothering to look at the four people around you more "huh!?" finally Luffy took notice to his surroundings "who are you guys?" Luffy asked eyebrows frowning "WHO THE HECK ARE YOU!!?" But three of them yelled out with shocked raging eyes "what are you doing in here!?" One of them asked leaning closer but before you could answer everything started to spin around "So the world spins around us?" You mumbled you out making Luffy laugh.

"Um..are you okay? Are you hurt? After you kicked out around so much you must be--" but the pink haired boy got cut off by Luffy's laugh "Hahahaha! We're fine, just a little surprised is all. My name's Luffy and this is Sorachi" Luffy introduced you both, Coby's eyes traveled to you so you smiled "Yo! You can call me Sora" You grinned making him blush "where are we?" Luffy asked as you crawled out picking up the barrel to help Luffy out.

"This island is the hideout of Iron Mace Alvida, the lady pirate, I'm Coby her cabin boy" Coby answered and you nodded "pleasure to meet you" you walked up to the boy giving him a hand yet he hesitated before reaching out to shake it "I see...well, none of that really matters to me" Luffy spoke after finally getting out "you wouldn't happen to have a dinghy would you? Ours got sucked into a giant whirlpool" he then asked turning to look at the little boy "so that's what happened" you sighed crossing your arms "you got sucked into a giant whirlpool!?" Coby yelled out shocked "must've happened when I was asleep" you nodded scratching the back of your head "yeah, it caught me by surprise!" Luffy huffed "you're lucky to be alive! But if it's a dinghy you want, I have one..sort of" the pink haired boy pushed his glasses up.

"What's this!? A coffin?"

"Well...it is ferry interesting"

"Pfft-" You covered your mouth at the joke you made and Luffy burst out laughing next to you "c'mon Coby! What's with that stern look?" You flinched again holding the laugher while Luffy fell to the ground holding into his stomach "I built it myself, it took me two years..." The little boy chuckled nervously "oh sorry for making fun of it" you bowed down before sitting on it to rest as Luffy gasped "two years!? And you don't want it?" He asked checking the dinghy out while Coby explained his reasons "but I once had a different dream" the little boy finished, you crossed your legs side eying him "why can't you just escape?" Luffy tilted his head confused and the little boy started shaking his head left and right earning a chuckle from you.

"Luffy, Sora. Why did you go to sea anyway?" At the question, you and Luffy shared a look of determination a grin decorating your face "well ya see...I'm gonna be the king of pirates" the boy answered "I can let Anchor alone when he can't even swim...I also want to write a book about the history of pirates" you then gave your answer while the little boy froze in his spout "K-king of pirates! But..."

"You'd have to make the WHOLE WORLD kneel to you!!!! Wealth, fame, power-- YOU'D HAVE TO ACHIEVE IT ALL!!! DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE AFTER GOLD ROGER'S LOST TREASURE' ONE PIECE!!!!!"

TO BE CONTINUED