Jay

Derek and I had just arrived at the hospital when he ran towards a nurse, and hurried to Carrie's room. I followed him, and I saw Lana right outside the room in which her best friend was in.

She looked up at me with worried eyes, and I asked her what happened. Giving out a sad sigh, she told me everything. Just then, a panicked nurse ran out, and managed to pant out a sentence: "The patient's heart has stopped beating,"

"No way," Lana gasped as she darted into the room, and I followed speedily.

With tears in her eyes, I saw Lana feeling Carrie's heart, and I saw how everybody's face in the room crumbled.

Carrie's mom was crying hysterically, while silent tears rolled down her husband's face. Derek looked down sadly at Carrie, and Lana buried her face in her bestie's still chest, and her wet tears drenched Carrie's shirt.

I immediately started to call for doctors, but even the nurses were looking sullen and hopeless.

Suddenly, I saw Lana's tearful face light up, and Carrie's chest started to rise and fall slowly. Bit by bit, she started to breathe, in and out, in and out.

Everybody stood still and breathless. With every rise of her chest, a gasp was extracted from each person. Glancing at each other with eyes full of hope, we all gathered around her and prayed silently.

For a second, I thought Carrie was never going to open her eyes. But, after what seemed to be forever, her eyelids started to flutter slightly. Murmurs arose around the room as doctors rushed in and exclaimed this extraordinary scene in front of them.

"Ah!" Suddenly, a sharp scream pierced through the silence.

Shocked and scared, we discovered that the scream had come from Carrie.

"Huh?" I whispered to myself as fog suddenly covered my eyes. And my body went against my will,and walked out of the room. I saw everyone except for Lana was also doing this.