Carrie

Warning: implications of child abuse 

I was running in the hazy woods. Pines scratched at my face, while stray branches cut into my skin mercilessly. But no matter how much pain and agony I felt, I just couldn't stop.

Just then, through the misty fog, I saw a dim light inside a shabby hut. As I got closer, a strange woman dressed in a black coat and scarlet red lipstick blocked my way.

A scream escaped me as I tried to break free of the lady's firm grip on my wrist. Pulling me close, I could feel her cold, icy breath on my neck, and she suddenly bit on my shoulder.

Crying out in pain, I saw blood oozing out of the fresh wound. Cackling maniacally, the beautiful lady swept her cloak and stepped into the hut.

Crumbling on my knees, my white shirt was soaked red as I pressed a trembling hand over the wound. The lady's grip on me had left a bright red gash on my wrist, indicating her ruthless power.

Gasping in pain, I crawled on the wet, muddy floor of the woods. I felt a need for water, running my tongue against my parched lips. 

Darkness loomed around me, and there was a sudden drop in temperature, making my teeth chatter.

And then I saw him in the shadows, arms outstretched, waiting for me to kneel at his feet.

Gasping, I sat up straight in the hospital bed, sweat pouring down my forehead, mud caked my hands. Wiping my hands hastily on the blanket, shattered remnants of the vision flashed once again in my mind.

The wound, the pain, the screams, they all felt so real. The strange yet gorgeous lady with bloody red lips, and him......

Shaking myself, I tried to calm down, only to realize that Lana and Steve both weren't here. Jay and Derek also weren't present, making me worry more as questions raced through my mind. What did the dream have to do with me? And why was he in it? Where's Lana? And Steve? Derek? Jay? What about my parents? Where are the nurses and doctors?

The world was suddenly a blur to me, and the recalling of event occurred:

"Mom! Mom! Dad! Dad? Mom?" I screamed hoarsely as my hands were tied behind my back and my body was dragged across the hot asphalt pavement.

My captor was a strong, careless man with dirty nails. I felt my clothes tugged off, and tears clouded my vision. As hot tears continued to roll down, I felt hands all over my body, my breath hitched, and felt the pain.

Blood poured out, and soon my stomach was covered in red, red blood. Taking in shaky breaths, my sniffles continued, and the hands continued to roam my helpless, young body.