Lana

My head whipped back, and feet started to step backwards as I heard a loud scream coming from Carrie's hospital room. I rushed back in, and saw my best friend fall with a "thud" onto the bed, Jay was also right next to her.

We exchanged worried, exhausted glaces. But at the same time, determination and hope for my best friend was burning deep inside my soul.

But then, after waiting for agonizing hours, Carrie's heartbeat at last started to quicken its pace. I stood up, and ran over to the side of her bed, and held her pale, cold hand with veins clearly visible.

I couldn't bear the pain and sadness of watching Carrie suffer like this, Steve should be the one that should be in this stupid hospital bed.

Carrie didn't deserve this! Steve did, everything is his fault. And never did I think for a second why had Steve done this? I only thought about what he had done to my dearest friend.

But I did not know that I was missing a large, big piece in this unsolvable puzzle. The cause of Steve's actions were the key to everything: the cure for Carrie.

I glanced back at the machine measuring her heartbeat, it slowly quickened to a steady pace, and Carrie's eyelids fluttered weakly.

"Whe-what happened?" Rasped out a tiny voice.

"Carrie! Are you okay?!" Jay and I asked, synchronized.

Well, obviously she's in no state to speak normally, but still.......

I helped her as she tried to sit up, literally hugging her as I helped her sit. Her once glassy eyes started to become normal, but started to glaze over again and fill with tears.

"Lana, I have something to tell you," Carrie whispered as tears trickled down.