Carrie

"Blue eyes. Blue eyes." My mind screamed, and with my heart thrashing in my ribcage, I clicked open a text from Steve on my phone's homepage.

TEXTS:

Steve: I will kill you.......and it will be easy

Steve: Watch your back...

I looked up at Lana, assuming that she had received the same messages, and she looked back with a ghostly expression. She gripped my arm, her knuckles paling to a horrible white, and shivering hands reached towards her phone.

I peered nervously over her shoulder, and saw it.

Lana: You will not kill anyone, I'm telling the POLICE

Steve: You'll never catch me, bitch

Lana: Watch me

Suddenly, her phone's screen flickered, and Steve's face appeared, a malicious sneer on his gorgeous face, daring to lure me in.

Hyperventilation suddenly overcame me, my breaths coming in fast and choppy.

"Carrie! Breathe slowly through your nose, in and out," I could faintly hear Lana's shouting.

A door slam, and blurry figures rushed in. Consciousness threatened to slip out of me, but I heard Lana's counts: breathe in, breathe out, slowly, through your nose, in, and out, in and out.

A slender hand moved comfortably, rubbing my back, and my breaths soon slowed and gained their normal pace.

"I-I am so sorry," I apologize, embarrassed by my overreaction.

"No, it's okay, but we've got to tell someone about Steve!" Lana exclaims nervously.

"Yeah, um, what about...."

"I know! Jay!" She interrupts me.