Jay

"What. The. Fuck." I spit out.

Carrie and Lana both glance at me surprised, but quickly replace it with matching grim expressions.

We're at my house, and my parents yell:

"Jay! No swearing in the house!"

"Sorry, mom," I shout back.

"Also, is that Carrie and Lana?" My mom asks.

"Yeah, um, we're discussing homework!" I fib.

"We need to call the police."

"Right. Now." I insist, but Carrie shakes her head.

"Vinnie will also be in trouble, she's associated with Steve afterall,"

"Yeah, and we don't want to also get her in trouble," Lana adds.

"Fine, but what do we do about this?" I ask.

We all exchanged worried glances, Carrie's eyes were bloodshot from the exhausting things happening to her recently, trauma, death threats, it was just too much for anyone, even Carrie to handle.

I glance at her with sympathy, and she raises her red eyes, the usual cheriness gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun smiles cruelly down at me as Lana sobs violently as silent tears roll down my face, dressed in all-black, all of Carrie's friends, relatives, and teachers stand grimly, awaiting the moment when they announce her death.

However, deep in our hearts, Lana and I both know who killed her: Steve.

Footsteps thud towards us, but Lana seems to not hear it, but still stuck in her swamp of sadness and negativity.

Vinnie is running towards us, her face bloody and scarred, that's when I lift my eyes and see the note she hands me: Steve tried to kill me, and it was Jade Esmerlada who killed Carrie.

I silently showed it to Lana, and she mouthed curses under her breath, then Vinnie falls limp, crumbling onto the muddy grass.

END OF BOOK 1