Crime Fightin' in the Dark (20)

TW: limb detachment, blood

Key: (y/n) - your name, (d/un) - discord username

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

After using your grappling hook to 'zoop' out of Bebe's backyard, you resorted to running across rooftops to get around town. Of course, as you neared the movie theatre, it'd get harder since you have wide, two-lane streets to jump over instead of small alleys. 

All in all, sneaking out was easy, and you were glad it was. It was especially easy with Wendy covering for you and all. You didn't have to worry about the girls finding out your secret identity so much. And you were sure the boys were well on their way to figuring it out, which as bad as it was, it made it easier on you to break the news to them.

Although... the way Wendy found out you were Echo was.. Really stupid, to say the least. 

Your dumbass forgot your costume was in your backpack, and you'd asked her to grab your switch from your bag while you were watching Demon Slayer. Of course, this led to her seeing the costume pieces in your bag, and putting two-and-two together. She privately messaged you on Discord after coming to her conclusion, where she explained what happened and you admitted to her that you really wanted to go on a patrol tonight. She could only stare at her screen in surprise, and asked you why. You just said that it would help you get better, which she thought meant experience wise.

She wasn't wrong per se, she just wasn't exactly right; you needed to continue your vigilante work if you wanted to move forward past the (now non-existent) ambush and torture you went through. The fighting experience you gained along the way was a really just bonus to you. You shook your head, embarrassed that Wendy, of all people, found out you were Echo.

 You shook your head, embarrassed that Wendy, of all people, found out you were Echo

And in a real crappy way, too... you thought. I guess it was gonna happen eventually, though.

You stopped on the roof of a brown house. Mitch messaged you! You slipped on your goggles and sat down on the snowy rooftop. 

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Tech Master: 12:17 am

I'm the only one available tonight, C is camping with her fam

(d/un): 12:17 am

Rip

But I guess you'll do (・_・)

Tech Master: 12:17 am

HEY!!!!

(d/un): 12:18 am

┐('∀`)┌

I've already started patrol, and nothing out of the ordinary yet

Tech Master: 12:18 am

But just in case I'll check nearby buildings for heat signatures and signs of break in