It's Over, Isn't It? (31) (TW)

If you get triggered by any of the following please be cautious reading this chapter. I love you all and thank you so much for all the support and hearts over the past year plus some. It's nearing the end of this book, but I hope you guys stick around for some of my other works! Thank you for reading with me!

TW: D**th, G*re, Bl**d

Key: (F/C) - Favorite color

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

You stared sadly at Honey Locust. Blood dripped from the tip of your sword. Her blood. You'd just killed her, but you had no idea how far Weeping Willow's power could go. All you knew for certain was that she could heal injuries with her tears, but you didn't know if that counted bringing back the dead.

With a steely gaze, you looked up from her corpse at the rest of the villains. 

"You," Maple stared at you with such hatred, her veil burning and her crown melting into her skin. The heat of her rage was on par with the flames of hell itself. 

"You call us monsters and yet here you are! Finally on our level," she snarled. "Why kill us, if us killing you is what you were aiming to stop?"

"Because it's the only way to make you stop," you answered promptly. "You won't listen to reason, so it seems this is the only way to make you get the message."

Maple's heat simmered, but could still be felt from where you were standing.

"I see..." Maple closed her eyes for a moment, whispering something to her underlings under her breath.

Oak and Willow made a move almost immediately. Willow took to the skies above, and rained down a flurry of lashes from her extendable blade; Oak raised roots from the ground, whipping at you and the other heroes trying to pin you down. 

You tried to use your energy platforms to hop out of there, but they didn't work very well.

It was still daybreak, so you had until the sun was over the horizon to get your usage out of your moon-based powers. An unfortunate perk of being the reincarnated moon goddess. 

The best you could manage was spacing the platforms to the bottoms of your feet, as it reduced the amount of "moonlight" you were using and was more manageable to hold than a full platform.

Red Maple and Sakura Blossom stood still on their hill, to maintain control over your friends. 

"Mysterion! Coon! Meet me in the middle!" 

Mysterion was fighting off a particularly thick root, having trouble making a dent in it. 

"If you can't go through them," he mumbled with a smirk. "Go over them." 

He leapt on top of the root and then across others to get to the middle of the chaos. During that time, you'd found a root of your own to slice up, which was a breeze with your energy sword. Coon just barreled his way through the roots, as his claws were very handy against them (for some reason).

You stood back to back as you explained your impromptu plan to him. 

"Lead the way, cutie," Mysterion said.

Coon was less enthused to follow your lead, but did so anyway. It wasn't that hard to convince him when you said you'd buy him cheesy poofs for a week. 

The three of you dove back into the flurry of roots, weaving over and under the thickness of it all in order to carry out your plan. With most of everyone else down for the count, and the rest of the heroes being held captive by Maple, you three were the only hope left for putting an end to this all.