This End Tonight (30) (TW)

There is a TW for d**th and b***d in this chapter, so please be careful! Enjoy the chapter!

Key: (Y/n) - your name, (d/h) - dominant hand

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

You stared at the casket in a mix of wonder and fear

You stared at the casket in a mix of wonder and fear. It was very pretty. It was made entirely out of glass with gold painted wood making up the bed frame inside. Royal purple sheets covered the mattress and pillow your body sat on. Your body sat untouched, and in perfect condition despite having been dead for more than a millennia. 

"Wow..." you whispered to yourself. 

You shook your head. "I have to find the sceptre, I don't have time for this." Your eyebrows furrowed and your lips turned, "Who knows what the boys have had to do since I've been down here."

You quickly got to rummaging through the treasures surrounding your casket, looking for anything that may be the Sun God's Sceptre. Out of all of the treasure and shiny objects in the room, though, one thing stood out to you.

Underneath a pile of shiny things near the casket, there was a long wooden box. It was dull and splintering, with a rusted latch and lock. You didn't have a key for it so you did the next best thing. 

You moved the box to an area away from the treasure, took out your energy sword, and sliced the lock off with a hefty swing. 

It worked, and no alarm bells were ringing, so you put your word back into your inventory. You knelt down in front of the box nervously. With a gulp, you pulled open the lid. 

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Everyone was down. Not dead, but certainly not getting up anytime soon. 

The villains had regrouped after Weeping Willow sent Kite and Mosquito crashing into the snowy ground below. Mysterion and Coon stood next to each other, both equally angry at the villains for taking them all out. 

"We outnumbered them, and we still got beat!" Coon grumbled. 

Mysterion sent him a side glance before refocusing on the Sun Warriors. "Manpower doesn't make up for skill in combat, Coon. It's in the Art of War." 

"You fucking would," Coon replied snarkily. 

"Are you two done?" Maple called out. 

She stood in front of her comrades with her sword outstretched, facing the two heroes with a malicious smile plastered across her face.

"Good! Now then," she let go of the swords hilt and let it go back into her fiery arsenal behind her, trading it for her bow and arrows. 

She notched an arrow in place. 

"What more are you going to do, Maple?" Mysterion questioned in redid loudly. "You've already taken most of us out and you and your team are still up. What more do you want?"