Stargazing and A Dinner Date (34)

Key: (Y/n) - your name, (N/n) - nickname

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"(Y/n)! Over here!" Wendy yelled to you, basically as soon as you stepped foot in the cafeteria.

You glanced at her before continuing to look for Clyde. He had texted you this morning asking if you two could talk face to face.

Speaking of, you had gone back to school the following monday (today) able to turn in all of your assignments. You and Token spent the entire weekend doing your makeup work, finishing just in time to have a late lunch that his parents' cook prepared.

Wendy was displeased that you straight up ignored her, but chopped it up to still having some cautiousness to the two of you interacting because of how you guys had started off.

"(Y/N)! GET OVER HERE!"

You tensed at her literally screaming at you. Slowly, you turned to walk towards the girls' table, the thought of what Clyde wanted to talk to you about lingering in the back of your mind. The front of your mind was occupied by whatever the hell Wendy was screaming at you for, demanding you go to their table.

"What, Wendy?"

"Jesus, don't get pissy with me, (Y/n), we wanted you to sit with us," She exclaimed.

"Sorry," you said, taking a seat next to Red. "I'm just bothered because I was looking for Clyde."

The way the 4 girls comically perked up and started attentively listening almost had you scared.

"Why were you looking for Clyde?" Nicole asked innocently.

You narrowed your eyes at her suspiciously before responding, "He wanted to talk to me but wouldn't say what about." The girls were never this interested in hearing about your shenanigans with the boys, why would they start now?

"Oooooh, Maybe he wants to ask you out on a date~" Wendy cooed.

"Ew, no, why would you say that?" You laughed. Surely she was just poking fun at you.

Red looked up from her phone, eyeing you in a way that made you feel wrong all of the sudden. "You guys always refer to each other as JD and Veronica, it's disgusting. Why wouldn't he want to date you?"

"Exactly!" Bebe chimed in. "You and Clyde are practically made for each other!"

"What? No, obviously it's either her and Stan or her and Kyle," she sounded so sure of her observation.

"Why do you say that? I could end up with anyone. Besides, none of the guys like me anyways," you replied.

Then you noticed the suspicious looks the girls started giving each other.

"Oh, (Y/n)..."

"What."

Then ensued the conversation you had been dreading since you moved here. Love interests.

"Oh no."

"Oh YES!" Wendy and Nicole screeched giddily.

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

After spending the entirety of your lunch period listening to the girls rattling off about your supposed love interests, and making you list everything you liked about everyone, you were finally free.

You had tried to find Clyde before lunch had ended, but there was no more time as you listened to the bell ring, signaling that lunch period was over and you needed to move on to your next class. You shot him a text, telling him you were sorry you couldn't get a chance to talk with him, but you would when there was a chance to.