Oh, To See My Own Corpse (25)

Key: (Y/n) - your name, (f/c) - favorite color, (L/n) - last name

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

The boys stared at you in shock. Stan was the first to speak, a solid minute of silence later. 

"They want you to do what?" He questioned incredulously. You nodded, face serious. Mysterion sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Do you know why they want you to deface your own grave site?"

You nodded again, "Mhm, it's kinda wild, you should probably all sit down before I tell you the story behind it."

> 🏆 Achievement Unlocked: A Not So Happy Fairytale <

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

When Echo died - the original one -, her soul was returned to the spirit realm to be with her mother until it was time for her to be reincarnated. Her physical body however, was left to be buried in the mortal realm. 

Her friends, husband, and kingdom mourned for her, her husband even built a monument in her name! However, there is something special about Echo's crypt

Her friends, husband, and kingdom mourned for her, her husband even built a monument in her name! However, there is something special about Echo's crypt. She was buried in the royal cemetery, in a crypt the King of the Fae - her husband - had specially constructed for her by Drow Elves. 

He placed a special spell on the crypt so that it could never be defiled or broken into. His plan would have been ingenious, had Echo not been promised to be reincarnated - a fact she never disclosed to anyone.

You see, the spell that he placed on her crypt was one that caused it to only be able to be opened by a person of the caster's choosing. His chosen person happened to be the Queen herself - you can see why his ingenious plan suddenly has flaws. Well, another problem arises when we get to the bottom of why the villains of the present want entrance to the crypt of a hero of the past.

When Echo was buried, she was buried with all the treasures that her husband and other kingdoms bestowed upon her for the next realm. One of those gifts happened to be something not forged by mortal hands. 

The Sun God's Sceptre.

It was the only thing keeping the Sun God from returning to the mortal realm from his prison in the godly realm. His only want is power and reigning havoc over the mortals. For this reason, the moon goddess and the god of the sky made an agreement that the sun god should never be allowed into the mortal realm. They locked him in a prison made of darkness, so that his polluted light could only reach the mortals through his physical manifestation, and not his true godly form. 

However, this doesn't mean that he had no connection to it whatsoever. 

The Sun God selected a small handful of mortals to bestow powers and virtual immortality to, in the name of locating his sceptre and bringing him to the mortal realm. These mortals are known as Sun Warriors, because the Sun God is cliché and unoriginal when it comes to naming things.