01.

everything had fallen apart. they weren't supposed to break up. you see, they were supposed to be together still, to be partying together in the summer and eating overly cheesy nachos at three in the morning to freezing their asses off in the winter but i guess the odds weren't in their favour.

no one knew about the sudden split and no one wanted to ask. both the hemmings' and hoods' family came home to hear that calum was flying to australia and joining luke to continue his studies there but indie decided to stay back in cambridgeshire, pretending like nothing ever happened. they were supposed to have a together, a forever.

maybe indie took it a lot harder than calum did, maybe to the extent she planted herself in her apartment for two years without visiting family, she needed to build herself back up. luckily, her parents understood the situation but luke didn't, he couldn't accept it. they haven't seen each other in almost two years.

right now luke was on his last year of studies and was currently on holiday therefore he was going to be back home in la for almost six months as he waits to graduate.

maybe it was also calum's fault for somehow deciding to visit his family the same time indie was planning to but since luke and calum were still the best of friends and she couldn't avoid him even if she tried, she decided not to. maybe calum was the reason for indie's absence in the hemmings' clan.

x x x

with those dark memories came temporary happiness. indie managed to drown herself in another relationship with an english bloke named nathan.

he was your typical british lad, soft, posh and sweet. the typical british charm made her fall for him instantly and soon enough, tea and crumpets were shared between the two.

they sat on her couch of indie's (or georgia's) apartment, nathan sat his phone down to give all his attention to the girl packing or rather much throwing things into her suitcase, smiling as she was getting frustrated with herself.

he took her hand; the one calum always held before and rubbed his thumb over her knuckles. his soft fingers were nothing compared to calum's calloused ones. "hey, give yourself a rest. you're going to hurt your brain, i swear."

indie paused to look at her boyfriend, sighing to herself as she stuffed the last item into her suitcase. she shut and zipped it up, jumping on the couch and kicking her suitcase to the floor and hearing it land with a thud. "i'm sorry, i know you wanted to spend the summer together, i really am."

"s'okay babe," her new boy toy assured her, "besides, i'm seeing you for your friend's baby shower, remember?" the girl nodded, looking down at her feet and feeling the anxiety rush through her body.

she placed a small kiss to her boyfriend's cheek before standing up from the couch with a groan, seeing some items sticking out of her suitcase, she cursed herself hearing nathan let out a giggle, a giggle that was nothing like her ex boyfriend's.

-

gemma: im so excited for u to come back in like 2 days i am going to explode and stab u i swear

indie: i knowwwwww

indie: im actually really scared though

gemma: wtf why?

indie: nathan is coming to visit remember? he's my date to karen's baby shower

indie: i'm very scared

gemma: but he's a total hottie

indie: they will be so pissed

indie: luke will literally make my life a living hell

indie: i haven't spoken to him in over a year

indie: he literally hates my guts

gemma: okay maybe you're a lil screwed but its nothing ice cream can't fix

indie: doesn't resolve the fact my brother hates me

gemma: what did you expect?

gemma: a warm welcome from someone you pushed away?

gemma: you literally pushed everyone away

gemma: it is kind of your fault

indie: wow thanks for your love

gemma: you know i love you

gemma: you're welcome bae <333

indie: and calum's going to be there as well

indie: do you know how much that sucks?

gemma: oh relax

gemma: he won't make a move

gemma: trust me

indie: how would you know

indie: what if he tries to talk to me?

gemma: you don't have to worry about it honestly

gemma: just pretend like nothing ever happened

indie: why?

gemma: he has a girlfriend

indie: oh shit

indie: nice

-

the sound of nathan's footsteps were heard throughout the apartment as indie laid down on her bed, "hey babe?" nathan called, peeking his head through the door before stepping inside, making sure he was allowed in, he respected people's privacy.

indie looked up at him. "what's up?"

he had his phone in his hand, taking a seat on the edge of her bed, he placed the phone in front of her, "whose this guy next to you--the one kissing you--i wasn't stalking i swear, someone just posted this on facebook as a throwback." indie examined the picture, it was of her and calum in their second year of university, they were both drunk out of the minds with their friends and they took a picture of themselves kissing underneath the london bridge.

even though she was drunk, she remembered everything that happened that night.

she still felt the hurt after all these years; she missed the memories. the former couple were okay, they ended it on mutual terms, no fights or profanities were thrown around, just a quick hug and a depressing goodbye.

she cried for many months, many months until she decided to pick herself up and get her shit together. indie had to convince herself she was going to be okay without him.

all the memories flashed through her mind as she swiped her thumb over the picture, her heart feeling like it had sank but she couldn't let her present boyfriend now. it was wrong. so instead of telling nathan about the cinnamon roll kissing her ever so passionately, she only shook her head and smiled.

"you don't need to worry about it, he was the past."

-

ok so i took down the sequel because i wanted to re - edit it but beau's name is now changed to nathan because yall sons of bitches couldnt take his name seriously so yeah suck on that

but

this is the first chapter of the sequel and i'm so vvvvv excited. i don't have shit planned for this but i'm just going to roll with it because there's going to be a lot of drama because thats just how it is ;)

thank you so much for the lovely votes and comments on 'cool kids'! you guys are the bomb dot come and i love ya'll so so much with every single fibre in my body.