05.

"so you're saying that nathan wasn't pissed at all with the fact you were hanging out with your ex boyfriend?" michael asked, shoving neatly piled boxes into the shop's storage room. he applied for a job at their local h&m store to earn money by himself. even though he was financially stable -- and so was his family -- he didn't want to be tied up to his parent's money, he wanted to be able to spend without his parent's telling him all the wrongs he's doing with his money. indie sighed, nodding. 

she took a seat on one of those cushions that dads' sat on whilst waiting for their wives or daughters. she had followed him to work, walking around the mall and spending her money on absolutely irrelevant things until michael was almost done with his shift. nathan got a call from his friends saying they were in town, he was ecstatic when they asked him to join them on their little road trip around la and other states, indie convinced him she was going to be fine without him for a couple of days. it wasn't a big deal.

"i hate how nice he is," indie grunted, maybe it was weird to her and everyone else but when nathan surprised her at her own house, nathan wasn't mad at all, but calum was. "he even shook hands with calum! they shook hands! who even does that?"

"um, normal people?"

indie rolled her eyes, "you know what i mean."

"i don't get it, don't you want your ex boyfriend and your boyfriend to get along?" michael asked, completely confused with the mess in front of him.

"i don't know, i guess it's weird. i expected more drama and stuff to come up. i didn't expect it to this easy!" indie said. "my life has never been easy and i know that the day it will become easy is when i'm buried six feet underground or get accidentally migrated to china or something."

the older boy sat down next to her, a hand placed on her shoulder. "chin up, indigo, you're being too hard on yourself. sure you've been through some bat shit but don't worry about that now! it's all gone! you're still close friends with your ex, you've got a new boy toy and you're pretty much making money. what else do you need?"

"a life."

michael started laughing causing indie to slap his arm in offence. "let's face it girlie, a life is something you'll never have."

x x x

when the clock finally hit two in the morning, indie could finally feel herself falling asleep after watching the last episode of orange is the new black season 3. she couldn't believe she needed to wait another year for the fourth season. she didn't have that type of patience. god knows where and who she would be in a year.

she left her phone on silent for the entire night and when she finally decided to give it attention, she didn't expect her phone to blown up by text messages.

-

calum; ur verryyy prettyyyy

calum; i msi hufd uuu

calum; hi indie

calum; why won't u snrewme

calum; i'm nakerd

indie; please don't tell me you're drunk.

indie; i'ts two in the morning cal what the hell

calum; i mgoing to dirvhe ome

indie; no you're not.

indie; where are you?

calum; hsotna

calum; ashotn

indie; stay there. i'm picking you up.

"i can't believe i'm doing this," indie whispered to herself.

-

throwing on a pair of yoga pants and a hand me down t-shirt, she made her way downstairs, the stairs creaking softly as she tried not to wake anyone in the house. that didn't work when luke walked out from the kitchen with a glass in his hands, his eyes narrowing down at her. "where are you going?" indie didn't respond, only squeezing through the small space between luke and the wall but luke held onto her wrist tightly. "it's two in the fucking morning, where the hell do you need to be?"

"out." indie snapped, she didn't wait for luke to say anything else, if they continued the argument, the whole entire house would've woken up and she didn't want that. as she plugged in her car keys and turned on the ignition, she sighed to herself, thinking about what mess she just had gotten herself into.

slow club music was blasting as she parked her car near ashton's driveway, not even caring about the boys and girls practically passed out on her lawn, when she walked out, a grimace took over her face, the smell of alcohol was too bitter and strong for her liking. 

ashton started throwing house parties the minute he had reached the legal limit in america, he claimed the title of the king of parties. he didn't care about getting in trouble with his mum because his mum never found out about any of his events.

 the other two irwins'; lauren and harry would always keep their mouths shut, mostly because ashton would pay them to. quickly shoving the vile thought of the makeouts and stupid house music playing in the house, she made her way inside the house, not realising how awkward it was to show up at a party with pajamas on.

it wasn't very hard to spot calum because he was shirtless, sweaty and chugging the hell out of the beer that was taped to his hand. she walked his way, trying hard to ignore the knots and regret in her stomach telling her she should've never came and that it was the worst idea. when a hand touched her shoulder, she shrieked, ready to kick whoever was touching her. she turned around, facing ashton, who was also shirtless. "oh god, it's just you. what the hell ashton--is that hickey?"

"i'm sorry," ashton breathed out, he had lipstick stains covered along his upper mustache line. he was definitely getting it on. "i was having sex with this girl but then calum freaking interrupted us so now i got blue balls. thank you so much for coming! calum is out of control and i don't know what to do. i can't send him back to his parents tonight, david and joy will kill him. i can't let him stay here because my mum doesn't allow guests overnight even though she's away. i am so f.ucked."

"ashton, calm down." indie rubbed at his shoulders. "you don't have to worry about calum, i'll take care of him. do you need help with anything? like--i don't know--cleaning your house?"

ashton shook his head, engulfing the tired girl into his sweaty muscled arms. "nope, i'm alright--i know this whole you and calum thing is awkward--but i'm so grateful you're here." indie gave him a lippy smile, hooking an arm around calum's waist, ashton holding onto calum's arm and slinging it over his shoulder.

it was a struggle to get the six foot into the car but in the end, she managed to shove him into the passenger seat where he fell asleep. a breath of relief escaped her lips.

few minutes into the drive, calum started to stir, indie's heart rate picking up, she didn't want to converse with him yet, not when he was like that.

"indie?" calum startled her nervous thoughts, the girl looked to her passenger seat, one of calum's legs was propped up to his chest, his eyes half closed as he leant his head against the window.

"yeah?" she turned her attention back to the road the moment calum turned his head.

"i miss you, a lot." those words hit her straight to the heart, her stomach formed into knots and guttural bile forming at the back of her throat.

"i missed you."

-

i hope you are all enjoying the sequel so far, lots more candie action to happen, watch out.

i