02.

"what the fuck do you even bring to a baby shower? a stroller? the baby isn't even out yet!" michael tugged at his hair, the blue strands slowly shedding between his fingers as he sighs. "plus, why does my mum want me to wear something business casual? i'm 22 years old not 42."

calum chuckled at the just turned twenty two year old, "get over it, it's your mum's baby shower. just wear flannel and jeans, like you always do."

a groan left the blue boy's lips, slapping his own forehead. "my mum will impale me, calum. impale. plus, i'm going to be the only one wearing that since all you wear are dress shirts nowadays you old person."

the blonde boy who has been ignoring the two was busy scrolling through his phone, throwing in snide comments every once in a while. "uh, please, the day calum matures is the day i stop growing facial hair and he starts. which i might say, is never going to happen."

calum narrowed his eyes at the blonde, picking up michael's stuffed toy from the floor and chucking it at luke's face. "god, luke. did someone piss in your cereal this morning?"

"no but someone is about to."

calum's demeanour changed, his lips pulled into a pout, his arms opening wide. "what's up? tell daddy calum, i'm here for you."

michael took the opportunity to smack calum in the back of the head before walking towards his dresser, "yeah luke, what's up? we've never seen you so--i don't know--stressed before."

closing his eyes, luke took a deep breath. "indie is coming back for the summer and i don't know what to do, we haven't spoken in over a year--or more--and i'm pissed off. she legit cut off all contact with me so i don't understand how she thinks i'll be okay with this whole thing but yeah--sorry to mention her, cal."

calum nodded stiffly, even though it's been three years and they're on good terms and even are in contact at times; he still felt uncomfortable when her name was said by anyone. "it's fine, bro."

"hey, did you know she's coming to the shower?" michael asked, walking back from the bathroom with a dress shirt and a tie hung around his neck. calum's eyes widen whilst luke's eyes were rolled.

"yeah and she's bringing her damn boyfriend apparently." luke quoted with his fingers at the word 'boyfriend', calum's heart felt like it fell out off his ass even though he shouldn't feel like it because he had a new girlfriend, a one night stand that turned into something more.

"a boyfriend? what's his name?" michael asked, he was still the closest out of the four boys to be in touch with indie but she never mentioned a boyfriend.

luke scoffed. "don't know, don't care, don't want to talk about it."

x x x

"luke, remember to be nice." georgia reminded the ever growing twenty two year blonde who had an annoyed look stretched out across his face as he started the ignition of the car.

he scoffed. "i don't need to be anything. especially not for her."

georgia shook her head and sighed, "she's your sister."

"is she really?" luke retorted, pulling out of their driveway. "because a sister wouldn't stop talking to their brother for over a year and expect everything to be okay when she comes back like this is some fucking happy planet!"

"luke robert hemmings!" georgia swatted his shoulder, "indie is your sister, she needed space for herself to grow and become independent. you need to grow up and respect that. besides, you should be grateful she's coming back. whether you like it or not, she's your sister and that is never going to change--don't try to pull that 'she's my half sister' shit--because it is not going to work on me."

the poor blonde sat silently, anger reeling through every single vein but he couldn't lash out. the last thing he should do was lash out because that could swerve them into a frenzy and that was the last thing he wanted; dying angry. he chewed on his lip, wanting the day to be over already.

when indie's plane landed, she was greeted by the warm air hitting her short straight hair in the face. her hair was much shorter than before, falling just on the base of her collarbones; it was straightened as well. it made her look ten times more mature and she liked it, she felt like she needed a change. her blonde hair was two shades darker as well.

she never realised how much she missed her mother until she saw georgia standing there with her arms wide open for her to be engulfed in, she wasted no time to run and give her a big hug, tears pooling in her eyes at the process. "i missed you so much, mum--i'm so sorry--you look so good--how are you?"

georgia started giggling, feeling happy her daughter was back. "indie, you look great, puberty did you well over there."

they talked for a while and grabbed someone airport style coffee before going back to the car, indie's eyes suddenly flickered to the driver in the front seat. "is that luke?"

georgia raised her eyebrows, "yes indie, that is your brother."

her stomach dropped. "i can't--no--mum--i can't, he hates me."

georgia slung an arm over her daughter's shoulder. "no indie, he's your brother. he will understand and if he doesn't, he's going to have to learn."

indie only nodded, her only feeling being worry. "i'm scared," they made her way towards the car and when luke snapped his header into the direction of the two, a glare was thrown to indie's face, it felt as if the heat of hatred was radiating off of him, he didn't say anything though. he couldn't.

"luke, are you going to help your sister with luggage?" georgia asked, resting her hand on the door as luke played with his phone. her son didn't even look up, shaking his head and mumbling an incoherent;

"nope."

"luke--"

indie stopped georgia from scolding him, there wasn't a point in arguing. "it's fine, mum, i can do it myself."

when indie shoved her luggage in the trunk, she looked at the rear view mirror, seeing luke already staring at her, as soon as he got caught, he looked away and turned on the ignition. she knew it was going to be hell. scratch that, she was already in hell and she wasn't even home yet.

-

luke stop being a shit bag, indie and calum are going to be in the next chapter so stay tuned!

how are you guys? how is school? how is life? hows your family? tell me, i want to know. entertain me with your lives, rant, im here to listen i promise.

stay great, don't constipate. x