36.

"how could i be so stupid?" indie yells at no one in particular. "he was going to propose, propose!" she picks up a plastic mug and threw it against a wall. she feels so dumb, it could've been the best day of her fucking life but she let her anxiety and assumptions get to the best of her.

another object crashes into the wall, this time it's glass, the sound of the pieces hitting the floor making indie cringe knowing she's going to have to clean it up later before anyone gets home and questions her.

she knew calum isn't coming home anytime soon though because the night they fought, indie sat outside on the window ledge until the morning, she heard bags unzip and then zip again, she heard shuffling of clothes and she heard a lot of door slams and then silence.

promising not to hurt herself or throw anymore glass anything, she makes her way out to the window ledge again, her cold coffee in one hand, her fuzzy slippers on her feet, her tear stained pyjamas covering her pregnant body and her feelings numb.

she looks at the skyline of the apartment buildings surrounding them, the little parks and hills where children and families roam around, normally calum would be up there with her, observing people who were walking or jogging, but she was alone with her thoughts, it was never a good thing when she was left alone with her thoughts.

about an hour later, she heard the door open and footsteps shuffling in, she doesn't bother checking who it is because she knows it won't be calum, and she's right, it's luke instead.

he climbs onto a ledge, paper bags in his hand as he sighs and plants his butt next to her.

indie cocks her head and glances at him for a second before going back and staring at the view in front of her. "long night?" indie only nods, bringing her knees to her chest and resting her chin on them, "i got you chocolate croissants and bubble tea. thought it might cheer you up a little."

"how'd you know?" indie asks, referring to how luke could've found out about the fight they had considering how deep of a sleeper he is.

luke shrugs. "woke up, got a text from calum he won't be around a couple of days, went to your room to find you but you weren't there. and now you're sitting up here alone which you've been doing for literally 10 hours so...just a lucky guess."

"oh shut up," indie snickers, taking the bubble tea out from the paper bag and sticking the straw in. "is there aloe vera jelly in this?"

"extra." luke confirms, he shuffles into a more comfortable position, ready to help his sister out. "you wanna talk about it?"

indie shrugs this time and continues sipping on her tea which makes luke sigh. "come on indie, you know you can talk to me about this stuff right?"

"i know," indie says, passing the tea over to luke. "but i just don't want you getting involved, you've got a lot on your plate already and i don't wanna burden you. plus, i don't want you to kick calum's ass...and i don't think you can do anything about the fight i had with him this time."

luke furrows his eyebrows, "shit, how bad was it?"

indie hums, "thought he cheated...stalked him, confronted him, turns out he was gonna fucking propose! then he left."

luke's mouth gapes open, "he was going to propose?!" indie nods then purses her lips, she feels like total shit again. "shit, indie, i didn't know."

"don't worry about it, he's definitely not going to propose now." just saying those words makes indie's heart wrench, she wants to cry all over again and throw things but she can't. "also, don't go into the kitchen, i might have broken some things."