07.

calum felt stupid but he wasn't sorry. he wasn't sorry at showing indie how he actually felt since she came back, it was wrong, yes but did he care? no. calum couldn't get the taste of indie's lips out of his mouth and head. for the entire night, he found himself touching his lips over and again, he craved for her and her everything.

calum had missed indie so much he showed up at the hemmings' front door the next morning. the door opened revealing luke with baby joey rested on his hands, one hand was on the door and the other supporting his baby brother's bum. "hey, luke."

a soft yawn fell from baby joey's lips, resting his head against luke's shoulder. luke looked like an over tired, eye - bagging teen dad. "hi cal, sorry, this little dude here crawled out of his bed and mum made me run after him."

"it's fine," calum assured him. "is indie home?"

luke's tired eyes opened a little, his lips immediately pulled into a tight line. "she doesn't want to see you, man. what you did wasn't cool." calum's heart started pumping. how did luke know? "if you're wondering how i know, she came back from your little walk crying. i know i'm supposed to be pissed but after she explained to me your whole dipshit deal, i realised i kind of acted the same when aria broke up with me so i had to be there for her. what in god's name were you thinking?"

"that's the problem, i wasn't thinking!" calum rubbed the side of his face. "i still love her, luke. i'm an idiot, i know but i honestly don't regret it."

"well she has a boyfriend, calum! you have a girlfriend as well! you should have stayed the fuck away! it wasn't cool. you took advantage of her and you know it!"

"she kissed back! she said she might need me as well, you can't blame me for it." calum tried to defend himself, his hands raised as little joey squirmed in luke's arms. "i'm not the only one guilty, alright?"

"i know that, cal. but she's a little over her head right now. i think it's best if you just stop talking to her, find some space between you two."

calum shook his head, "i love her, luke-"

"you should go," luke interrupted his sweet words. "i need to put joey back into his crib anyway."

the sad boy found no reason to keep arguing with his best friend leaving to respond with a nod. "fine, see you bro. love you." he turned on his heels, walking down the hemmings' driveway before turning around again just before luke started to close the door. "will you at least tell her that i came over and that i'm sorry?"

luke shot him a thumbs up before closing the door entirely. calum walked away, his head drowning him in thoughts as he decided to go to michael's house, the one person who wouldn't yell at him for doing what he did, or maybe he would considering he stopped dying his hair after he went full on black.

x x x

"wait so you mean you still love her?" michael asked calum, passing newly stocked beer to his best friend. calum nodded, closing his eyes and sighing to get ready for the scolding he knew was about to take place. "yes! ashton owes me two hundred bucks!"

calum's eyes squinted, his arms crossing over his chest. "did you make a bet on me and indie?" michael nodded. "bro, are you for real?"

michael shrugged. "it was kind of obvious the first time you saw her again, your face was literally the heart - eyes emoji, it's ridiculous."

"maybe i just missed her," calum scoffed, calum's bullshit excuse made michael start laughing hard. "stop laughing at me you asshole!"

with his hand on his stomach, michael tried to calm himself down. "sorry, your ass would be jealous of all that shit that comes out of your mouth."