16.

the couple pulled into the parking lot of 'norma's roller diner', calum convincing indie that his aunt's food was the best, especially their breakfast and lunch and dinner, pretty much everything on the menu and who was indie to say no?

they walked hand in hand into the diner, greeted by the chime of the traditional diner bell and the loud chatter of american working men surrounding the room. norma, or auntie norma-- as calum would call her--immediately spotted her nephew, a bandana wrapped around her head like a retro 80's lady.

"my nephew!" she called, "my nephew is finally here to visit! it only took you too many phone calls!" calum's smile etched far and that brought happiness to indie's feelings, calum's smile did things to people, it still did things to her.

calum engulfed the elder lady in a hug, his knees bent slightly to reach her shorter height. "hi auntie norma, how are you doing?"

the elder lady snifled, her black hair falling through her bandana. "better now that you're here, whose your friend? or your lucky lady from the looks of y'all holding hands." indie stood forward, her posture straight as she stuck her hand out.

"hi, i'm indie." indie introduced herself, she felt calum's hand on the small of her back, the feeling of comfort filled her right away. "you have such a beautiful place, ma'am."

auntie norma rejected her handshake but instead welcomed her with a hug. "there's no such thing as handshakes here doll, we're all family here. come, i've set you a booth." indie watched as she started walking towards the back of the diner.

"i may or may not have told her we were coming here," calum had a sly grin on his face that indie couldn't force herself to be mad at.

she scoffed, "so we would've ended up here one way or another?"

"yep, pretty much." calum nodded, leading the way to their booth.

indie chuckled, "fair game, hood. fair game."

they sat down across from each other, auntie norma coming out from the kitchen, "so, what would you like?"

calum shut their menus, "indie's never been here so i'm going to order for her and obviously i want all your good food."

"let the girl order for herself, calum!" auntie norma playfully scolded her nephew. indie giggled, her giggle was music to calum's ears.

"honestly, everything here looks good so i'm going to trust calum with whatever he orders." indie said, calum only grinned at his aunt.

"polite. well mannered and gorgeous. calum, i approve." the elder lady noted down, "well, i'll be back with your foods. no hanky panky in my diner!"

as promised, great food was served, a timid make out session but no hanky panky in auntie norma's diner.

-

might triple update today :))))