09.

"dee-dee!" an over excited baby joey shook the arm of his bigger sister, the bigger sister let out an inhuman noise at the sudden contact.

"joey, five more minutes please."

baby joey lifted his fingers to his index finger, shoving his palm to indie's face. "five! it's five! wake up! wake up!"

indie groaned when she felt weight on her back, little squeals by her ear. "joey, please get off, you're crushing me."

she heard the sound of her door open, hoping it wasn't georgia coming in to wake her up. instead, she was startled by a deep voice. "hey buddy, don't disturb your sister." his voice trailed off to a giggle, indie rolled onto her back and pulled the blanket over her face, she thought she was imagining it but when baby joey ran to the figure standing by the door, it woke her almost instantly. "sup?"

"sup?" indie mocked him, rubbing at her eyes harshly. "what the hell are you doing here at nine thirty in the morning?"

calum giggled, stepping in to pick up baby joey and cradle him in his muscular arms. "your mum and dad is out, luke had some important discussion to go to and your parents called my parents to babysit this lil' monster over here but my parents have their doctor and dentist appointments so they made me do it. ashton came along as well."

the tiredness hit her again, the buzzing from baby joey's attempt of waking her up coming back into view. "give me five more minutes please." she mumbled before collapsing back into her slumber.

x x x

"good morning," indie yawned, stretching her arms over head. she walked into the kitchen and took her place on one of the island stools, she felt better than just now, her hair was all wet from the shower and her glasses were placed on the slope of her nose.

calum poured the hot coffee into a cup, sliding the substance towards indie. "good afternoon to you too. it's actually one o'clock, princess."

indie coughed out her coffee. "are you for real? why didn't you wake me?"

"eh," calum shrugged. "you looked way too tired. you were pretty much frowning in your sleep. you were literally stress sleeping."

"still!" indie argued. "i'm sorry you had to take care of joey by yourself. if you woke me up i could've babysat with you."

"dude, its fine. plus, joey is with ashton walking around the neighbourhood. its insane how much he treats him like a son."

indie wiggled her eyebrows. "i told you ashton was daddy as fúck."

calum made a gagging noise, "please don't. anything but that." indie laughed, "so, do you have any plans for today?"

indie pursed her lips. "nathan wants to go to dinner so i think we're going to dinner. you?"

"can't you ditch him?" calum wondered aloud.

indie squinted. "calum, he's my boyfriend."

"that you said you were going to break up with," he reminded her, watching as she bit her lip, the sign not being the one he was hoping to see. "right?"

a deep breath left her lungs, "i don't know calum, i really like him and he really likes me and we were the past, he's my present, ashley's your present. you don't see me asking you to dump ashley, do you?"

"that's because you don't need to," calum retorted. "i'm going to do it myself, plus, do you really like nathan enough to cheat on him with me?"

calum wasn't playing fair, he was guilt tripping her and she knew it, even he knew it. he didn't know why she just couldn't admit that she still loved him too, it would've been so easy, he literally did not know why she was so scared of going back to him. nathan was a great guy but calum knew he was better than him. he knew he could make indie feel ten times better than nathan can, there was no hesitation in that, she just needed to trust him again.