31.

michael and ashton dump their bags into the room calum led them into. "oh, there's only one bed." ashton points out, he has a shit eating grin on his face and michael scoffs.

"which means you take the floor," michael pats him on the shoulder and walks past, shoving his duffle bag into the closet. ashton huffs and wraps his arms around his waist which makes michael shudder. "alright big boy, hands off. we're in our friends house."

ashton only pouts but doesn't do anything. "should we go check up on them? i'm hungry." michael agrees and makes his way towards the living room, ashton giving a slight slap to his ass which only makes michael glare in return. "sorry, couldn't help it."

they also couldn't help but hear the raising voices in the kitchen. "please, just let me make dinner, i've done nothing the past few weeks and i just want to do something!" they hear indie say, her voice just frustrated and tight. michael looks to ashton who just shrugs, being just as confused as he is. they creep closer to the little bar and slowly moved the shutter to the side, just enough to see the two arguing.

then they hear calum scoff, "you do a lot of things! you watch tv, you write, you go to work! that's something! just don't do anything when you're home! you're already moving around a lot outside the house, so just stay put at home and let me handle it. it's not good for the baby!"

it wasn't until then that both pairs of eyes open wide, their mouths hanging. "you guys are pregnant?!" michael slips out, scaring both of them and ashton next to him still in shock. "how?!"

"i--" indie starts but calum just interrupts her.

"yes, we're--she's pregnant, have been for nine weeks and we don't know how, we just found out when we went to get our test results for any std's and stuff," he explains. "listen, we are way to tired to hear all your yelling so if you could please--"

ashton groans, "calum, shut the fuck up please." he goes over and gives him a hug. "congratulations! you're going to be her baby daddy!"

calum didn't expect this kind of reaction from ashton but he couldn't complain. all he did was hug ashton back, tight. michael goes to indie and mouths, "really?" indie nods and that was when michael engulfed her in a hug and started crying.

indie only hugs him tighter, feeling her tears pour herself, she was never the one to cry but somehow, the four became a crying mess. "why are you crying?" indie asks through her tears, a chuckle escaping her lips.

michael sniffles, "i don't fucking know! you're pregnant! didn't you cry?"

"believe it or not, she didn't." calum laughs, pulling away from the four way hug that somehow formed. that somehow made michael cry harder, him saying he wanted to cry for indie's missed tears.

no one questioned it.

x x x

indie sits outside again, it was midnight and the wind surprisingly did not soar through as usual, she could hear the cricket sounds. she hears footsteps behind her and thought it would be her lover but instead, she was greeted by michael who gave her a lop sided smile and sat next to her. "you jet lagged?" indie asks as michael sits with his legs crossed.

he shrugs. "yeah, don't know how to be honest, it's only been a day. ashton's passed out though." indie laughs, not even surprised, ashton looked and sounded like he's aged twenty years.

"how are you? how's ashton? how's you and ashton?" indie asks. she hasn't touched on the subject of the two yet, now she finally could ask.

michael shrugs again, "we're a thing, i guess. he's like horny twenty four seven so i try my best to keep my stamina up to his healthy ass."

"i didn't ask for your sex life, michael." indie rolls her eyes and shoves him playfully. "does he make you happy?"

"oh yeah, super happy. i love the guy."

indie smiles, she could see the pure and genuine happiness plastered on michael's face, even michael had went through a lot. he had to deal with brodie, he thought he was into girls and tried pick up lines on indie and now he's finally with someone who makes him happy and indie couldn't be happier for him.

"i'm happy for you, mike. i really am."

"thanks, indigo. i'm happy for you too, extremely." michael replies. "does any of your family know?"

indie shakes her head, she can't imagine what her family will think. calum and indie weren't even married yet! she can't imagine the look on her mum's face if she had to ever tell her. she couldn't imagine the look on andrew's face and even on luke's. she doesn't know how to tell them. indie doesn't even want to tell them.

-

believe it or not there's less than 5 chapters left and then that would be the end of #candie. :-(