23.

boy dont i have a story for u but ill tell it at the end this chapter is 2000+ words so enjoy it bc yall deserve it <33333

-

indie rushes out of her bathroom, her feet skidding across the polished wooden floors and she reaches for her phone by her bedside table. she slides her finger across the screen, seeing her boyfriend's caller id light up on the luminescent screen. "thank god you finally answered, i thought you were dead." calum's chirpy yet sarcastic tone rings through her ears. she couldn't help but smile.

indie shakes her head even though she knows her lover can't see her, "i'm sorry, i was brushing my teeth. what's up?"

"you know how you leave in two weeks? i made reservations at the grand millennium and i need you to come with me, it's too late for you to say no anyway, so please get ready and i'll pick you up at seven."

"how demanding, hood." indie snorts, "can i wear a tux and you wear the dress?"

a scoff comes from the other line, "please, you're just scared that i'll outshine all your outfits."

"fuck off, i'll see you later."

"later's baby, i love you."

-

calum: are you outside yet?

indie: give me five minutes, luke is downstairs

calum: can i come inside

indie: if you wanna, the door is wide open calum, i can see you from my window, now quit bothering me

-

"luke! i'm in your house!" calum calls as he shuts the hemmings' front door, there was no need for anymore explanations on why he just enters the house, he just does. it's basically his second home. luke mumbles incoherently as calum walks in to him stuffing his face with oreos and watching spongebob. "aw, look at my twenty one year old best friend, it's like you've never aged."

"shut up, calum." luke rolls his eyes as more mini oreos make it to his mouth, "i was just reminiscing on my childhood okay? nothing wrong with that, what are you doing here in a dress shirt and actual pants anyway?"

calum snorts. "i'm taking your sister out on a date at the grand millennium, ya know, since she's leaving in like two weeks and she's scared to talk to me about our future but she thinks i don't know that but i do because she's indie."

luke sits up at that, there was no way of defending his sister because calum knows her every lie, emotion and truth. "what are you going to do?"

calum sits down, putting his feet up on the little coffee table they have, "to be honest, i don't know, only time will tell. i know she's scared of having a future because i know she's inferior to what she wants to become in the future. when i mentioned kids to her, she didn't speak to me for two days and said it's because she had a lot of homework to do and may i remind you, we don't have homework, we're in college. also, she changes the topic every time i mention the uk or the word 'future', it's like she's legit allergic to the word."

luke grunts at that, "how do you know my sister better than i do?"

"patience, my friend."

the blond nods, "i don't know what to do, i don't know what advice to give or help you both, i've never been in this situation--i mean i have but aria just straight up dumped me so i didn't have to deal with this on and off bullshit--no offense, not that it's bullshit--"

"chill bro," calum laughs, patting luke's shoulder. "you don't need to do anything, it's between your sister and i. only we can fight our own battles."