04.

"can you please let me explain?!" indie yelled at her blond twin who was running down the stairs as she chased after him. "jesus, luke--"

luke turned around, "there's nothing to explain! everything that comes out of your mouth is bullshit and you know it! everyone knows it!"

"why are you so mad at me? i get that i haven't spoken to you in over a year but i'm still your sister!"

the look that luke was giving her made her feel downright guilty. luke was dead serious this time and he wasn't going to go down without a fight."sisters don't just leave the country and not contact their brother or sibling after they break up with someone! sisters are supposed to have their brother's back and sisters should definitely be there to support their family but you didn't do that so i don't even know if you're my sister."

indie sighed, luke was right. she took him for granted and pushed him away when he wanted to help. she thought he could do this on her own, she kept lying to herself, it was the only way to get her through the day without thinking of how miserable she was without calum. "i was in a bad place."

"so was i!" luke ran his fingers through his hair, the quiff he once had was no longer, although it still had a semi - quiff, his hair was always styled to the side, his very blonde hair now a shade of brown, his features more sharp and mature. "did you know i almost lost my scholarship because they found some dude who was way better than me? did you know i got beaten up for being the top student in my music class back in australia and did you know i had to take care of our baby brother alone?"

"luke, i--"

luke shook his head, pulling the door open, he didn't want anything to do with her right now, "apologies don't mean anything. it's too late with you now, i learnt to live without you for the past year, i can definitely live without you now."

the door slammed shut, indie felt like cry. she hated herself for what she had done to luke, she hated herself for leaving baby joey alone and definitely hated herself in general. tears were brimming the corner of her eyes, the sound of the kitchen door closing caught her attention, she walked into the kitchen, seeing the last person she thought she would see in her home. brown eyes looking at her with concern. calum became even more handsome everyday.

"what are you doing here?" indie asked, furiously wiping at her eyes to suck in her weakness.

her question was overtaken by his own, "you alright?" she nodded a stiff one.

"how much of that did you hear?"

"all of it." there was no point in hiding it, calum was as blunt as a pencil used by a third grader. calum was her lover of almost three years, her best friend. he has seen the beautiful, the ugly and the worst out of indie, she didn't have to hide anything anymore. "i was in your backyard about to come in but then you and luke started yelling at each other so i just stood back and listened."

indie's eyebrows raised, the sudden weight lifting a little, a smirk grew on her face. "so you were eavesdropping."

calum snorted, the sound making indie internally dance inside. "i mean--it's not technically eavesdropping if people from a hundred kilometers away could hear you guys now, would it?"

she rolled her eyes, sniffling. "whatever you say cal. now what is it that you need?"

you; calum wanted to say. "how good are you now at paintball? still terrible?"

"not terrible enough to kick your butt one last time."

x x x

two hours, thirty seven minutes and forty two splatters of paint on their faces later, they were tumbling around the ground, clutching their stomachs tightly, fearing that if they don't control their laughter, they might pop an organ or two. "that wasn't fair, hood!" the blonde girl took a deep breath, trying to compose herself. "i won that game fair and square, you know it!"

the older boy bit his lip and shook his head. "actually, i was planning on letting you win but then you decided to shoot me straight on the nipple so that changed my mind."

the girl responded by flipping him the bird, small laughter surrounding them as they walked out of the field together, they sat down on a bench, stripping themselves off the gear and equipment. "why'd you do this, calum?"

calum shrugged, handing the weapons (or equipments) to the man behind the counter stacking them. "i just thought you needed to get luke off your shoulders and release your anger and frustration out somewhere and judging by the bruises appearing on my everywhere, you did."

as much as she wanted to jump at him and hug me and thank him, a part of her just wanted to punch him right in his baby maker for doing this. why did he have to relive one of their best memories together? it started off with paintball and it ended with paintball. "well...thank you, for--this. it really means a lot to me that you still care."

calum sighed, placing his palm on her shoulder. "indie, i'll always care about you. i might not be able to as a lover but i will as a friend no matter how much you dislike it and try to push me away. we'll always come back to each other, remember?"

indie pursed her lips and nodded. his words creating worms in her stomach, churning and wiggling to be set free. "we should get going then, we don't want anyone to worry." indie walked out first, never noticing how her ex - boyfriend looked at her with pure sadness and almost a little betrayal.

x x x

"remember that time when we went to the big ben and you almost got run over by a car?" indie asked calum in between chuckles as she fumbled with the keys to open the front door.

a grunt left his lips. "in my defense, the car was stupid and driving like--two hundred miles per hour when it clearly said the limit is eighty miles per hour."

indie rolled her eyes and scoffed, successfully unlocking the door and pushing it open. "yeah but in everyone's defense, you were trying--and i repeat, trying-- to reenact the spiderman or some shit because--"

her sentence was cut short when they walked into the living room to see georgia, andrew, luke and a new guest in the house. her eyes widened as calum walked up behind her a few moments later, confused to who the guest was.

"nathan?"

-

hello hi hola bonjour !!!!!

i'm reposting all the chapters bc i'm editing and re - writing chapters because i feel like i just slacked off with all of my writing for this sequel and i didnt think you deserve such a shitty book :((

year 11 just started for me so please please please bear with me because i'm undergoing so much stress i can feel my hair falling out and my eyes burn and my tears brimming bc i am so so scared for my gcses but idk dont worry about me im irrelevant !!! i also want to start the new luke fanfic but i srsly wished i was still in year 9 or 10 or smth so i had time to write it but hdfjs k ugh

qotd; what do you want to do in college/university or do you plan or going to college at all??