12.

calum and ashley were in love.

well, ashley was in love, calum was in love too, except with the wrong girl but ashley didn't know that. did she have to know? yes. was calum going to tell her? not yet. he seemed to go by the rule; it won't hurt if they never found out.

"so, i was thinking, i found some cool apartments the other day, my friend recommended it to me, said it was big enough for the both of us." ashley started talking to her boyfriend who wasn't giving his attention to her. "earth to calum, hello?"

calum turned around, now only paying attention to the poor girl. "what? sorry, i got distracted."

ashley sighed as she moved closer to where he was sat at. "i said, jonas helped me find an apartment while we were out for lunch the other day."

"is jonas the gay dude?"

"does it matter?" ashley scoffed. "its like i'm not even here when i try to talk to you, you were the one that recommended getting an apartment for us a few months ago and now you're not even paying attention to me."

shit, shit, shit; was all calum could muster in his head. how could he forget? god, indie wasn't supposed to come back, ashley and calum were supposed to get an apartment together and now everything was just going downhill. "oh right, the apartment. are you sure about that babe? we're not moving too fast?"

maybe calum was stupid to ask that question, because he definitely did not sign up for a lecture that day.

"you know what? you haven't given me your attention all day today. a little attention wouldn't hurt calum! you wanted to find an apartment for us, you were the one that asked me to be your roommate and now you pull that card on me? its pathetic and i'm just tired." ashley let out a defeated sigh after her small rant, calum could see the sadness in her eyes and if it wasn't for the sadness, he would've taken the opportunity to break up with her right then considering it was almost the right moment.

calum attempted to take a hold of ashley's hand despite she pulled away, the girl was in love with him, not breaking her heart was the least he could do. "i'm sorry, baby, i promise to pay more attention to--"

"its not even about the attention, calum," ashley sighed, falling into her boyfriend's guilty arms. "we've been so distant for the few weeks and i miss it. i miss you. i know you've had a lot to catch up with your friend indie and stuff but it wouldn't hurt to hang out with your girlfriend too, i mean i'm not saying i'm jealous or anything but its like you're in love with her."

calum sighed as he rested his chin on her head, "of course i'm not in love with her, she's just a friend. you're my girlfriend and i should've payed attention to you and i am so sorry that you feel that way, babe. i promise, from now on, you're the only person i'll give my attention to and i'll make sure to treat you like a queen."

ashley was so whipped for calum, she forgave him in an instant. "no, no, i'm just overreacting, i don't know why i'm so emotional nowadays. it's just overwhelming and i'm stressed with work and everything sucks right now, i just--i'm sorry, you're a great boyfriend and i pretty much just took my anger out on you."

calum felt so guilty, so so guilty, if he could run himself over with a car, he would. he wouldn't even hesitate, he was in so much shit with ashley, indie and even luke now. luke couldn't rest, everyone knew that the moment luke snaps, all hell will break lose, every dirty little secret will spill and all friendships that ever started, will end.

taking ashley's two hands again, calum tried to act as sincere as possible. "how about tonight, you forget all about your work, we'll go out for dinner--everything on me--and then we'll end the night with a romantic and sentimental hot bath for you to release your stress, i feel bad, we'll make this your night."