ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

marie wandered over the beach. she had her sandals in one hand and her clutch in the other. she sported a blue gingham dress. it was tight on the body and flowed out just above her knees. her hair was tightly pin curled, the sea breeze flowed through beautifully.

marie heard the crunch of another set of footsteps following her. it was daisy. god how she hated daisy. daisy manford, was the youngest daughter of her fathers best friend. she was one of the snobbiest, rudest girls marie had ever met.

"hey'a marie." she said removing her own shoes as she trotted alongside.

"hello daisy." marie muttered, already feeling her stomach twist with annoyance.

"your father wants you back up at the country club. there's another bachelor he wants you to meet." daisy spoke, she wouldn't look at her. marie always managed to seduce more men than herself.

"tell him i don't wish to see them." marie replied, merely lifting her head.

"i said that you wouldn't wanna come. he insists that you come, introduce yourself."

marie sighed, stopping in her tracks. she dramatically turned her head, walking back the way she came from. up to the country club.

daisy and herself spoke of nothing on their walk back. their minds and families nothing alike. nothing in common.

ೃ⁀➷

elvis finished taking the last drag of his cigarette, tossing it out onto the road in front of him. he turned to go back inside. he was a waiter at the 'memphis country club'. he worked there to save money for his precious mama and papa. elvis would do anything for them two. his father had gotten in trouble with the law to pay for the family. out of pure fear, elvis would work hard to make sure it never happened again.

"EP!" his good friend billy yelled as he walked back into the building. elvis threw billy his box of matches.

"thanks chief!" elvis spoke, turning around and picking up a round tray.

he was ushered through the kitchen and to the drinks section. another waitress, amelia, placed a dozen champagne glasses on his tray.

"careful with them EP. expensive wine. the boss will kill us both if any are dropped." amelia smiled as elvis disappeared through the crowd.

ೃ⁀➷

marie leant on a white picket fence, putting her sandals back on. daisy huffed as marie struggled with the buckles.

"that's what you need a guy for marie." daisy said rolling her eyes nonchalantly.

marie ignored her, finishing her shoes and rushing inside. she wanted to get far away from daisy. far far away.

she wandered through the country club, trying to get lost in the crowd. she felt someone brush past her and turned around. she then felt someone bump into her chest and spun her head back around.

"what the-" marie begun. she saw the boy in front of her rebalance himself.

"goddammit! i'm sorry lil' miss." he said, a rough southern accent flowing through.

"it's absolutely fine!" she smiled watching him struggle to balance the glasses. "here let me help." she took a few wobbling ones from the tray.

"follow me to the kitchen lil' mam-" elvis had to stop himself from using his pet name. "lil' miss."

they walked and talked.

"i'm elvis, presley." he said walking alongside her.

"i'm marie booker." she said

"booker?! as in your pa's robert booker?"

"he sure is." marie smiled, his scrunched up confused face turned the other way and continued walking.

"goddamn booker."
he muttered