ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

ೃ⁀➷ lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

it was well past noon by the time marie had woken up. a leak of cold winter sunlight was bleeding through her curtains and it matched the same feeling of regret that began to seep into marie's stomach.

darla had managed to get her out of her dress and into a long nightgown. her hair pin curls had dropped and left marie with a shaggy up-do. she groaned and felt the entire weight of the situation hit her.

charlie would surely know by now, he had probably called about ten times already.

swinging her legs over, marie got up. she could hear darla talking to someone in hushed tones.

"i don't think miss marie is up for it today..." darla was speaking on the phone. "mhm... i'll let you know when she's awake... mhm... good day."

marie heard the clatter of the phone and was up to her feet in an instant. her heart was hoping it was elvis on the phone, but her rational thoughts sprung into action.

elvis would not call after the night they had only just shared.

"oh!" darla turned almost choking on her own spit as she looked at marie. "miss booker, how are you feeling? i could make you tea or-"

"who was on the phone?" marie's voice was was a croak.

"maybe you can call them back later? i just put on a pot of coffee, nina was-"

marie let out an exasperated sigh, stopping darla's small ramble.

"it was daisy manford miss."

ೃ⁀➷

marie's mind was racing as she gripped onto the steering wheel.

what on earth could daisy manford want?

marie couldn't even begin to think why she had called her for tea at graceland. maybe she wanted to gloat or show of her new fur coat that elvis had purchased her. a headache had already began to form in marie's head as she drove up towards the estate.

a million memories hit her like a splash of icy water. it felt like a lifetime ago when marie lived at graceland, all the warm sundays and cold mondays all merged into one big fever dream.

she was a whole different person now.

she parked her car on the drive and began to step out. her small heels clicked on the pavement as she approached the door.