ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

a week later marie had received the letter that she was rca was dropping her.

she had expected it of course, but even so she felt her heart plummet. everything she had ever worked for was slipping right out of her hands, deep down out of her reach.

daisy had participated in a front page magazine article, painting marie in the worst of lights this caused paparazzi to hound her. they lined the streets at all times, picturing anyone that left the house.

nina was in her senior year and everytime she stepped out of the house they harassed her, questions, pictures, one of them had even attempted to grab her. it was all her fault, the entire situation.

a petty attempt at high school grade revenge was causing more damage than was ever intended and all marie could do was watch, from behind her window.

her father hadn't contacted her and their business meeting had been held without marie even present. attempting to reconnect she had called all of her team, each call hadn't even gone through.

the worst thing of all was the destruction of herself and nina's sisterhood. when nina found out, through an angry elvis, what had happened she had switched of from marie. spending her off days either locked in her bedroom or at a friends house.

not even darla would hold a meaningful conversation anymore. everybody had isolated themselves. it was as if marie was a deadly disease.

marie was sat in the backyard, wrapped in a patchwork blanket, a poetry book in her hand. she had gotten into poetry recently and was attempting to read through it. the early morning sun was beaming down onto her, making her constant saddened face stand out even further.

the back door slid open and marie spun her head around, nina was stood dressed in a pair of dungarees. marie didn't say anything, she still had no idea where she stood with nina. it was difficult working things out when she wouldn't even look at her.

"i'm going." nina's voice was firm and icy and as marie looked further she saw a large suitcase in her hand. she found the entire situation strange, nina would never tell marie when she was leaving, she would always find out through darla that she was at a friends. nina wasted no time in reading marie the situation, she almost seemed proud. "me an' darla are headin' back to graceland. e gave us a call last night, he wants his maid back, n' if darla ain't here i don't see the point in me stayin' neither."

marie rubbed her eyes as though it was a dream. leaving? the constant hum of nina's radio and the sound of feet travelling throughout the house was the only thing keeping her sane. she couldn't leave. darla couldn't leave. marie wanted to remind her of all the times that she had comforted her when elvis didn't answer the phone, or when her letters got sent back unopened.