ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

marie finished a few chapters of her book, the open window wasn't helping. the summer breeze was only just flowing through. it made her almost feel sleepy. she grabbed a bottle of coca-cola, it had been there since last night.

her daddy didn't like her drinking it. but her mom always snuck her up bottles before going to bed. she sighed sipping the bottle. it was nearing on quarter-to two.

HONK!
the sudden noise made her jump. she peered out of her open window, leaning her head out. it was elvis of course, being dramatic as ever. he had his suit jacket slung over his shoulder as he leant against his truck.

he was peering at the bottom windows trying to spot her. she laughed.

"elvis! up here!" marie yelled giggling. he spotted her, laughing too.

"come on darl' gotta go!" he shouted back.

"give me two ticks E!" she jumped down from the window seat, slipping her kitten heels back on. she had the bottle in her hand still. marie ran the stairs, she was so excited to see him again.

she grabbed her black patent clutch, she took the keys from the trinket box and opened the door.

elvis studied her outfit. he was vain in his own outfits, he loved how she dressed. which was rare. he was always trying to dress his old girlfriends, hating their own style.

marie locked the door and put the keys in her clutch. she smiled as she almost ran up the driveway to meet him. her little heels clicking. marie took him into an embrace.

"hey marie." he said letting go.

"hello elvis.." she smiled as he opened the truck door for her.

he started the vehicle, peering out of the back window to reverse.

"it's uh, 'been a while darl.."

ೃ⁀➷

elvis pulled up into the country club. he had tried too keep his job there, for his mama's sanity. but he had let them down a few too many times, the tour had gotten in the way. in the end he had handed in his notice. billy had too. elvis and him had been on the tour together.

"i'll run in there quickly. i'll only be two ticks E." she smiled, stepping out of the truck. she left her clutch behind.

elvis picked up the bag. this bag was probably worth more money than he had ever made, he thought chuckling.

he popped it open, he was nosy to what marie kept in there. elvis picked his way through it. she had a miniature bottle of 'moonlit mist' perfume. he sprayed it. the smell reminded him of marie. if she could be compressed into a tiny little bottle this would be it.

he found another item. it was a pair of keys, he knew they belonged to marie. they had a huge fluffy pom-pom attached.

elvis pocketed the perfume. not too steal, but he wanted it. like a keepsake. he found the other items pretty boring. a golden compact powder and a little lipstick.

ೃ⁀➷

marie wandered into the clubs lobby. the worker at the desk didn't even need a second glance, he noticed her right away.
"ah, good afternoon miss booker. mr booker is by the private pool." he smiled at her nodding.

"thank you sir." marie returned the smile. she wandered over to the pools. their was a few private ones, however her daddy always had the biggest one. he was always inviting people over there. it was always filled with business associates and of course her moms little 'gossip gang'. marie's daddy always called them that.

she pushed open the door. marie was immediately met with the sound of chatter and glasses clinking. her mom was lying on the sun loungers with her friends. she squinted her eyes, looking for her daddy.

marie spotted him, he was sat on a table by the bar, talking too a much larger man. she approached them both.

"there's my sweet marie!" he exclaimed. the other man turned around to look at her.

"why hello miss booker!" the other man said, just as cheerful, he had a strange accent but marie couldn't quite workout what it was.

"marie this is colonel tom parker! i met him down by the boulevard." her daddy said.

it clicked. this was elvis' manager. the man who wanted marie on tour.

"oh!" marie said smiling "i've heard of you sir! you're elvis' manager!"

"that i am." he reciprocated her smile. "i was just talking to your daddy here about your little performances!"

"voice of an angel." her father said.

"i have some things i would like to discuss with both you and your dear daddy." the colonel said. "not right now though, much too much chatter!"

"oh of course!" marie said. "i wouldn't mind discussing them tomorrow if that's okay with daddy."

"of course! we will get the date locked in tom!" her father said.

marie looked at him.

"ah marie, i know what your here for." he chuckled grabbing his wallet from his back pocket. he handed her a five dollar bill.

"that enough for your little shopping date?" he laughed looking at the colonel.

"women! am i right?" the colonel said, tapping his nose knowingly.

"more than enough daddy." marie leant down and kissed her fathers cheek. she shook the colonels hand. "pleasure to meet you colonel."

"bye now sweet marie!"

marie waved goodbye to them both, turning on her heel and walking the other way.

how on earth had the colonel done it?

"genius.." marie muttered smirking.