ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

elvis had never driven so fast in all his life. he could feel his foot cramping as he slammed his foot onto the pedal. headlights were the only thing visible to him and he couldn't tell if his vision was blocked via his tears or the downpour of heavy rain.

on a normal day elvis wouldn't of driven the length, marie lived over an hour away now.

any sane man would of stayed home, maybe given her a call or sent her a letter.

the letters. that's what drove him, the thought of her crawled up in her little room at graceland. wondering why he hadn't replied, imagining the worst.

she was an empath.

marie felt everything.

this was one of the reasons why elvis was so shocked at marie's actions towards daisy. despite her upbringing, marie had shown kindness and empathy to everyone. even when they did her wrong.

maybe marie had changed.

elvis wouldn't know.

elvis wanted to know.

he wanted to know everything, how she spent her days in her new home, what music she liked now, how her room was as decorated.

he was desperate to know her again, know her the way he did.

he wanted to know her the way that she knew him.

marie was still sat in the same position, becoming slightly restless. she got up, deciding to stretch her legs, placing her book on the arm of the chair.

there was something in the air, something unsettling. the silence reminded her of the same night that elvis was sent to the army. it was the type of stillness that was interrupted.

shrugging marie turned over her record, the first half she felt was too upbeat for the solemn evening mood.

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗
LOVER, YOU
SHOULD'VE COME OVER
BY NICK BODDINGTON
╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

marie hummed her approval at the song, placing her sheer dressing gown over her pyjamas.

the song reminded her of elvis, reminded her of the life they could've had. she hated herself for even allowing her mind to wander to him. but the melody of the song forced the hatred away.