ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

august 23rd 1958

FLASH!

elvis and marie's faces were both a faraway sad. neither of there eyes following the same direction.

they were both posed outside graceland.

the colonel and marie's father had seen the whole funeral as an industry project.

the death of gladys had stunned the household. everyone was silent, except both managers.

"take ten!" the director of the shoot yelled.

elvis sat on the step of the house. he hadn't really spoken since he got back.

except for the night of her funeral.

he had sobbed in marie's arms, uncontrollably. marie held his face in her small hands, wiping away his tears and dabbing at his puffy eyes.

marie sat next to him, an assistant was above her brushing and fixing her hair.

"how you holdin' up E?" marie put her hand on his knee.

elvis barely flinched. the faraway sad look hadn't left his face. an assistant was pressing powder into his forehead.

"all good mimi." he looked at her briefly, his eyes switched for a split second. then returned to the deep sad that had possessed them the past few weeks.

"E..." she begun, reaching for his hand.

"marie enough. stop babyin' me." elvis interjected, not meeting her eyes.

she yanked back, feeling embarrassed.

marie put her hands in her lap, staring at the fresh black polish.

she was dressed in a black swing dress, the neckline was lower than usual. around it she had a pearl necklace that her mother had sent her. it had her initials.

MB in gold.

her and archie had sent it.

her hair was fashioned by the photograph company. it was in a simple beehive, with a long velvet bow pinned to the back.

elvis was dressed to match her.