ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

marie almost skipped back too the parking lot. her little kitten heels clipped the floor with each step. she ran too the truck, practically throwing herself up the step and into the passenger seat. elvis still had her little perfume bottle in his left hand.

'thank the stars' he thought, stuffing it into his back pocket, marie was completely clueless. "whatchu' so smiley about?" he said, starting the ignition.

"your colonel! he's a genius! he's already set up a meeting with my daddy. he was at our private pool, chatting away! i can't believe it. my dreams closer than ever!" she was breathing heavily, a pink tinge on her cheeks.

"take a breath marie.." he said chuckling. "the colonel is a snowman.. he always manages to get people to do what he wants. he even convinced my momma." he puffed his cheeks out, laughing. "she's one tough gal."

elvis pulled out of the car park, on the steep hill down. gathering many dirty looks from the upper class folks in their cadillacs. a pink one sped by, on its way up too the country club.

he pointed it out to marie. "i wanna buy my momma one of those." he muttered, elbowing her. "an' i'll buy you one.. if uh- that's what you want."

"i'd love one.." she smiled, leaning her head out of the open window.

ೃ⁀➷

marie noticed the change in streets as they approached downtown memphis. the houses got smaller and the stores seemed more rundown. she tired not too notice the change, however, she couldn't really help it. she had only gone past the downtown area when her daddy dropped her too highschool.

they slowed down at a huge apartment complex. "this is where i live.." elvis murmured, almost ashamed. he pointed out of the window. "that's my lil' sister."

HONK!

"nina!" he hollered out of the window. marie leant over waving.

nina looked up, she waved slowly. but rolled her eyes when her friends had gotten up and almost sprinted over too the truck.

"hey mr presley!" one girl said, leaning through the window.

elvis chuckled. "hello gabbi.."

nina managed to push her way through her friends. "what are you doing here?.. i thought you was going too the studio."

elvis smiled down at her.
"well 'miss know-it-all' this is in fact the way too the studio." he gave marie a glance out of the side of his eye. "nina say hello too ms booker."