ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

in one hand elvis had the yellow landline phone, and in the other he had the crumpled piece of paper marie had scribbled her number down on. next to the number she had drawn a little pair of cherries. it made him smile a little whenever he would look at it.

"how ya' been lil' lady?" he continued, he imagined her all flustered from his sudden call.

"things have been good. how 'bout you? on your big ol' tour." she smiled twirling a loose curl around her finger.

"that's kinda what i wanted to talk about." he heard her breath hitch. "nothing bad darl, just.. business."

she smiled into the phone. 'darl'... what a cute pet name. "business sounds bad to me EP."

"no no! i swear!" he chuckled putting his hand up in a fake defence. just then gladys' hit elvis' head with a cleaning rag.

"hurry up on that damn phone! money don't grow on trees booby!" she scolded, throwing the cloth on her shoulder and walking away.

"i'll be two ticks momma!" he replied.

marie was giggling down the other end.

"i gotta make this snappy darl.." he begun. "the colonel needs a new female singer typa' thing."

marie nodded, forgetting he wasn't there.

"an' i thought you would be perfect." he spoke. she didn't know what to say... her father would never let her go and run away with the circus.

"you don't have to give me an answer now... but i'll need one by monday."

"yeah of course... i mean... i can give you an answer on monday." she sighed internally. it would take a lot of convincing.

"say... you got four dollars? i could take you down to sun records today. you could record some music. to show the colonel."

"i could get my daddy to give me some money... you would have to drive me up to the club to get it though.."

"that's fine darl..."

gladys' hit elvis with the rag again. harder this time.

"enough time on the damn phone! give it too me!" she yelled, standing with her arms folded and one hand outstretched.

"i've got to go marie! i'll pick you up at two! see you th-"