ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

his fingers pressed onto her arms and she couldn't tell who was holding who tighter.

tick, tick, tick...

marie's head began to race again, he was holding her too tight. she could feel his fingers digging deeper into her arms and it sent a wave of panic over her body.

stumbling, marie pushed herself away from elvis; she needed a moment to regain herself.

her vision swam around her, lights flickering and people talking all merged into one sickening noise.

"stop it..." she whispered to herself, pressing the balls of her hands into her eyes.

"woah easy mimi..." that familiar southern sweetness spoke close to her ear as she felt an arm snake around her.

"air... i need air." marie looked up at him, his face was blurry.

"c'mon mi, there's a way out back, no one'll see us." elvis led her behind the bar and out of the staff door.

the cold air practically slapped marie. she had to take a moment to adjust herself.

"oh god.." she said, looking blankly ahead of her. she couldn't believe what she had just done.

elvis lit up a cigarette, unaware of her sudden panic. "wanna smoke?" he asked handing her the packet.

marie smirked up at him and reached down into a hidden pocket on her dress.

"i got my own thanks." marie took one out and fumbled around for her lighter.

elvis raised his eyebrows and gave a low laugh. "i never took you for a smoker mimi."

"you wouldn't really know i suppose." marie said bitterly, taking a drag from the cigarette.

"yeah... no. i wouldn't." elvis exchanged the same look, staring at marie from the side of his eye.

an awkward, drunken silence hung over the two as marie managed to get through three cigarettes.

"i sure hope you have been keeping graceland warm for me, mi?"

an anger rose throughout marie's entire body. had he even opened her letters? he didn't even know she had moved? marie could of smacked him.

how dare he stand here and embarrass her like this.

"i moved elvis."

a wave of sadness moved over elvis.

she'd moved?

elvis could barely believe what he was hearing. what about nina?

"what about nina? does she live there all alone?" elvis had to swallow a lump in his throat.

marie aggressively stamped out a cigarette. "no elvis- we both moved."

she turned to look up at him, the anger was boiling hot in her stomach.

elvis looked down, marie looked gorgeous even in the dull, barley lit street light. his hands moved to her hair as he knitted a strand around his finger.

"it was a shock to see you all black on that stage mi." his eyes were sad as he looked down into hers.

the rage was filling marie's throat, she could feel it building up. marie opened her mouth to speak but-

SICK!

marie coughed up the vomit as she leant just past elvis. it wasn't rage she felt, just pure vomit.

seriously?

in a panic elvis had jumped out of the way, but had now decided to jump back in and help marie.

"come here marie..." he tried to pull her closer to him.

"get of me elvis! god don't you understand?" she was leant against the wall clutching her stomach as she shouted at him.

"no marie, i don't understand. why don't you en-enlighten me?!" he was also leant on the wall opposite her.

"the letters elvis? all those letters... i-i..." marie felt the tears pour down her face.

the sky felt it too.

trickles of rain began to fall.

"what- what goddamn letters?" elvis' face screwed up.

"i sent you letters elvis. t-three hundred of 'em!" she fell down, sitting against the wall.

elvis copied her, placing a hand on his forehead as he tried to think. he knew for a fact that the only letters he received were from daisy.

not a single letter had come through from marie.

"i sent you so many elvis..." marie let out a huge sob as she felt the rain melt her makeup.

"marie i-i don't-" elvis started as he stood back up.

"forget it elvis." marie stood up and stumbled past him.

"where ya' goin'?" he walked towards her.

abruptly marie spun to face him.

"i'm going back to my home."

"at least let me drive you mi."

"i hate the name mi!" she yelled punching elvis in the chest. "i hate you and the stars and your stupid fucking songs." she continuously punched him in the chest, getting weaker and weaker.

elvis stood and watched her, his face was crumpled in a complete confusion.

elvis dragged her to the side of the road and managed to flag down a taxi.

marie reached up and in a sudden change of mood kissed him on the cheek.

"tell daisy she's dead to me."

marie fell into the taxi.

elvis stood at the side of the road and watched the taxi drive away, he watched it until he couldn't see it anymore.