ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

NINETEEN FIFTY-NINE

a strong smell of baking lingered in the air. darla was catering an afternoon tea in the kitchen, humming away to herself. the radio on full blast.

the song ended and a few announcements played. "we have elvis presley on the telephone. he is set to be discharged in the next few weeks." the radio host begun. "how are you elvis?"

"well i'm just swell." his drawl sounded surprisingly energetic. "i just-"

marie switched the radio off in a swift flick, rolling her eyes. she was looking for the back of one of her earrings.

darla looked around, holding a mixing bowl in her arm. "everythin' okay miss booker?"

"of course. why wouldn't it be? gosh is there something wrong with my outfit?" she barely even took a breath. "it's the earrings isn't it? i should fetch my other ones."

darla took a breathy laugh.

"miss booker you look like a barbie doll, here." she passed marie her earring back.

"thank you darla."

marie was wearing an ankle length black bodycon, matched with her black kitten heels.

the same ones she wore when-

"does my hair look okay?"

"just perfect."
darla smiled.

she had her black hair tucked up into  a beehive.

nina walked into the kitchen. there was a definite contrast between her and marie's stances.

nina slouched against the kitchen counter, dipping her finger into a bowl of cookie dough.

she was wearing one of marie's dresses. it was white, tight at the top flowing out at the bottom.

the same one marie wore when-

"mi you okay?" she said, her attention still on the cookie dough.

"why is everyone asking that?!" marie snapped, her heel hitting the pink tiles. darla and nina flinched.

"jee mi." nina said giving her a funny look.

nina and marie had moved out of graceland almost a year ago.