ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

DING! DING! DING!

the sound of marie's alarm clock jolted her awake. she didn't remember setting it.. in fact she didn't remember falling asleep in her bed at all. she produced an arm from under the satin sheets and begun smacking the bedside table, in an attempt to silence the alarm clock.

she missed it every time. groaning, she sat up and picked the clock up, turning it of manually. it was 10:30am. she was happy that whoever set the alarm clock allowed her a lie-in.

the makeup team was coming at 2pm. she had three and a half hours until they arrived. that was ages. marie stood up, pulling her satin nightgown over her pyjama set. darla had taken the liberty of unpacking her trunks. she still had yesterdays socks on. she reached into a draw and pulled out a new pair, they were white again, but with little handsewn hearts all over.

she noticed her door was open a crack. it must've been elvis that brought her to bed. he always left the door open ajar when he slept.

she pushed the door open and stood in the doorway for a second. elvis stepped out of his room, he was fully dressed of course. marie could tell he had had a shower, he smelt strongly of the shower aftershave. secretly she loved the smell.

"morning marie." he said with a smile.

"mornin' E. how did you sleep?" she asked.

"i've been up since 6:30. goddamn tailor was here at 7:00, half an hour before he was meant to be." he rolled his eyes.

they both began to descend the stairs together.

"i know you slept well miss booker. i heard your lil' snores." he said peering over at her.

she stopped halfway down the stairs.
"i do not snore!"

"whatever you say, baby." he laughed, walking down the rest of the stairs and disappearing around a corner.
"whatever you say!"

marie's cheeks had gone a light pink. he was lying.. surely he was lying. she shrugged it off and walked into the kitchen. it smelled heavenly. the table was laid out with an assortment of food. connie must of made a sort of buffet breakfast. the bacon and sausages were gone, the boys must've gotten to that earlier. there were a few choc-chip pancakes left, and most of the fruit.

marie selected two choc-chip pancakes and a handful of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. she sat on the window seat, it overlooked the gardens. she watched as the gardeners watered the plants, and the maids collected the fruits.