ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

✩ ✩ ✩

𝓼𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮'𝓼 𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼
"promise me you'll write sweet marie."

goethestraße 14,
61231 bad nauheim,
germany

for my E,

on the stars E. i repeat it every morning and night. every time i think of you (which seems to be more than ever now) i repeat those words. on the stars. i'm writing this a week after your leaving, although you most likely won't get this letter for another month.

i will wait for you forever. did you know you have been all over television and the radio?! every time your name is mentioned i rush to the screen, the colonel has been switching it off.

they say i'm hysterical.

the papers say i'm lost without you, which i believe. it's like having a body part missing- you can always feel that it isn't there. i hope you're well and none of your body parts are missing!

gosh that isn't funny.

i really hope you're okay E. i worry about you every morning, afternoon and night.

golly i do sound hysterical!

i've attached the picture of me that was in your washroom. it sounds selfish but i know it's one of your favourites.

i miss you so much E. but i know you will be okay. i'm doing fine by the way- graceland is super quiet without your beautiful presence.

if you need me to send you anything from home let me know.

on the stars.

yours forever,
sweet marie
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

yours forever,sweet marie ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

SIX MONTHS GO BY...

goethestraße 14,
61231 bad nauheim,
germany

dear elvis,

i hope you're doing okay. i've sent you dozens of letters. the postal man thinks i'm going crazy!

everyday i rush out to the mailbox to check for your letter.

there must be a problem with the german delivery service. i know you and i know that you will write.

maybe you're just so busy being a big strong solider!

gosh i do hope you're okay. i listen and read about the vietnam war. i call the army officials every evening just to make sure nothing has happened to you.

that's my biggest fear elvis, that something has happened to you.

the colonel and daddy promise me nothing has- they know best of course. it just worries me.

i well and truly hope everything is okay elvis. i wish you would write back.

i've attached a new picture of me. mother and i went to the salon, i hope you like it.

on the stars.

yours always,
marie
xo
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

yours always,marie xo✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

SIX MORE MONTHS PASS...

goethestraße 14,
61231 bad nauheim,
germany

to elvis presley,

this is my three hundred and sixty-fifth letter.

it has been a year.

a year and a week since i last heard from you.

this is my final letter elvis, i don't want to force anything from you. i am so sorry for whatever i have done to you elvis.

everyday i attempt to figure out how i've hurt you.

it pains me to know that you don't wish to write.

i can't even bring myself to sleep.

at first i thought you wasn't getting the letters, but i asked the colonel and daddy- they both have told me you receive my letters.

i even went as far to contact the german postal office near where you are based and they confirmed all my letters have been posted.

nina and i have been thinking about moving away for a little bit- if you care.

i can't believe the replies you give to nina.

they are so blunt. so formal.

she's your sister elvis.

she cries into my arms almost every night.

you have written back to everyone but me.

i'm forever sorry for whatever it is i have inflicted on you elvis.

i well and truly hope you are doing well.

from,
marie booker