ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

MARCH 5TH 1960

she couldn't sleep.

it was nearing on to four in the morning. the birds were beginning to tweet outside and the big city workers were driving past.

she tossed over once more and switched her lamp on, her window was wet with condensation.

marie shivered, placing a blanket over her shoulders and getting up. she shuffled around in her bedside drawer, pulling out her cigarettes.

she took one out and lit it, scratching her neck slightly.

marie had to be up in-

less than an hour.

she let out a dry sob.

her car would soon be here and the dreaded day would begin.

she coughed back tears and moved over to the armchair near the window. she leaned her head back and closed her eyes.

just one minute...

ೃ⁀➷

KNOCK KNOCK!

"miss booker?"

it was darla.

"miss booker the car will be pulling up shortly, i just got word from your daddy."

marie was startled awake, wincing in pain. her cigarette had burnt down to her fingers, leaving a deep red mark where she had held it.

"tell them i'm not going..." she yawned.

"but miss booker..." darla furrowed her eyebrows on the other side of the door.

"let me in there." a voice whispered.

"mr young i'm not sure-"

charlie lightly shoved darla out of his way and pushed the door open.

marie peeked her eyes open to look.

it was charlie, his strong cologne filled the air making marie wince slightly.

"oh my god." he loudly stated.