Chapter Nine

————

What started as a sweet moment between you and the boys ended off with tears and frustration. And perhaps now, you're back to square 1. You're just strangers to one another.

————

It was the weekend and the boys were going to come over to surprise you and take you out for lunch. But when they arrived, they stopped. You were crouched in front of the big tree that was beside your house. They moved quietly. In front of you were some fruits, alcohol and a photo.

"Grandpa, yet another year has passed since you've left. How are you doing?" You whispered as you had your eyes closed, your hands clasped together in silent prayer.

"I miss you." The wolves all smelled the faint salty tears that fell from your eyes. Their hearts ached as they mourned with you.

"Should we go?" V turned to his brothers.

"We should comfort her. Maybe she doesn't want to be alone." Jimin said. They slowly approached you. You heard the footsteps and quickly turned around, afraid it was that predator again.

"Oh, it's you guys." You quickly hid your face to wipe your tears hastily.

"You don't have to hide your tears from us, angel. You don't ever have to hide your feelings from us." RM softened. You tried your best to force a convincing smile.

"Can we pay our respects?" Suga asked.

"You don't have to!" You shook your hands and head.

"We want to." Jungkook smiled softly and you nodded, stepping aside. They went in twos, except the youngest 3 that went together. They each kneeled down on the straw mat that you laid out, giving a deep bow and introducing themselves to your grandpa. It was a hard sight to watch as you turned away to cry softly.

"Come here." Seokjin wrapped an arm around you, letting you cry into your shoulder. No matter how long it has been, it still hurt. Your grandfather left a gaping hole in your heart.

"Sorry." You cried.

"You don't have to be sorry, (y/n)." He whispered, rubbing your back in a form of comfort.

"My grandfather would have loved to meet all of you." You smiled softly, wiping your tears with your sleeves. The boys softened, remembering that you said the exact same words to them when they were wolves.

"I only have photos to use now when I pay respects to him. One of his last wishes was for me to scatter his ashes into the lake, where we used to have picnics together. He didn't want me to keep him around and be reminded that he left me." You scoffed silently.

"Your grandfather sounds like such a great man." J-Hope said.

"He was. He was stubborn, for sure. But I owe him everything. My life wouldn't be what it is now if it weren't for him." You looked at the photo of you and him on the ground.

"Shall we go have a picnic by the lake then? For old times sake." Jungkook suggested. At first, the others all sent him ridiculous looks.

"That... sounds like a great idea." You gave a small smile.

"In your faces." Jungkook smirked triumphantly. Instead of cooking elaborate dishes, the boys were happy to help you prepare simple sandwiches and cut fruit. After all, the picnic was for the remembrance of your grandfather. You all headed down to the lake, you carrying your grandfather's photo in your hands. You sat at the same spot as always.

"The weather is great." Jimin took a deep breath. You nodded in agreement. As if sent in a flashback, you could see your grandfather standing by the edge with you on his shoulders as a little girl.