Chapter Fourteen

————

The thought of their mate being a target starts to make the boys panic. Being so caught up in their fear, they forgot to consider your feelings and opinions as well.

————

"Let's talk about what's going on." You said as you sat down. The boys all looked at each other.

"No mental conversations! Tell me everything." You whined.

"Relax, jagi. We're not having a mental conversation, we just looked at each other, that's all." Yoongi chuckled, ruffling your hair. You huffed and leaned back, tucking yourself under his arm to cuddle him. He draped an arm around you lazily to embrace you.

"With you being the princes' mate, there are bound to be... some rivals that try to get to us through you." Namjoon explained.

"They see you as our weakness."

"But the first time they appeared, when all of you were still wolves, before all of this happened. We weren't mates yet, right? Or at least, not verbally claimed as mates." You said.

"They must have assumed then because they found the whole pack living with you. The other packs, even the rogues, would do anything to try and take down the royal pack and take their place. It's one of the downsides of being royal, I guess. But don't worry, we'll never let them hurt you." Yoongi rubbed the side of your arm in reassurance.

"I trust you guys." You forced a smile.

"We'll just have to patrol more and make sure that no one else crosses the border." Jungkook shrugged.

"They know where I live." You said in realisation. All the other enemy wolf attacks have been in the area of your home. And today, the other wolf was waiting for you in front of your house while another attacked Jungkook.

"Don't worry. We will figure something out." Taehyung comforted and you nodded your head.

"Shall I make dinner?" You offered.

"You don't have to. We can just order delivery and relax." Hoseok said. You shook your head, wanting to get your mind off thigns by cooking dinner for them. Besides, it has been a while since you cooked.

"I can handle it. You guys just chill." You waved them off. Having cooked with Yoongi and Jin, as well as make snacks with Jungkook, in their kitchen multiple times, you were quite familiar with the layout of the space and knew where everything was placed.

"What shall we do?" Jimin asked.

"Like Jungkook said, have more patrol. But they do know where she lives so that's another problem. We can't be there 24/7 just to wait for an enemy attack." Namjoon said.

"Why not?"

"Because Tae, she needs her space too. She won't like it and it is an invasion of her privacy." Yoongi pointed out.

"Maybe we can convince her to camp over here for a while? And just... stay in?" Jin suggested.

"That's not a bad idea, hyung. Either that or we travel for a few days just to let things settle. I'm not sure if getting her to stay here and abandoning the house is going to be so effective. She'll get worried that someone might attack her cabin. And it's her grandfather's so all the more will she want to protect it from destruction." Namjoon shook his head.

"He's right." Yoongi nodded.

"Then we go on a holiday instead? Firstly, she won't let us pay for her. Secondly, she won't skip exams or work just because we want to protect her." Hoseok said and everyone nodded in agreement.