Chapter Fifteen

————

Chapter warning(s): Some harsh language, bullying, violence

The boys leave you for one moment and trouble already comes knocking, leaving them a worried mess. But it is the perfect opportunity for you to mend the broken with Taehyung and Jimin.

————

Today was the last day of the exams. You have been seeing all the wolves occasionally except Jimin and Taehyung. It hurt you a lot. Each of the boys had a special place in your heart and that goes without saying that Taehyung and Jimin had their own spot as well.

But if they really didn't want you as their mates anymore, who were you to force them to continue to accept you?

"What's wrong? You've been sighing." Namjoon's voice broke you out of your thoughts. You blinked and turned to him, staring at his face. He had a worried look on his face.

"What happens if... werewolves reject their mate?" You asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Kookie was telling me about how mates are fated by the moon goddess. But if a werewolf meets his or her mate and doesn't like them, what happens? What happens to the mate bond that you guys were talking about?" You explained your question. Hoseok and Jin, who were sitting behind the two of you heard what you asked and their blood ran cold.

"Well, if they haven't officially mated, they can just ignore it? But it'll always be there. If they officially mated but decided not to be mates anymore, it'll hurt them significantly." Namjoon explained.

"Hurt them?"

"The mating bond can kill them. If they try to mate with others, it will really hurt. Why do you ask?" He tilted his head.

"I just wanted to know... you know since... Taehyung and Jimin probably don't want me as their mate anymore..." It was a hard pill to swallow and you winced as you said that.

"Those two idiots." Jin sighed.

"Poor (y/n). That explains why we feel her heart break." Hoseok whimpered. The bus came to a stop and all of you got off.

"Hey, don't think about them now, alright? Focus on yourself and your exams now. It'll be okay. Don't put too much on your plate. We'll take things one step at a time, hmm?" Namjoon cupped your cheek, giving you a soft smile. You nodded your head.

"It's the final stretch. You can do it." Hoseok patted your shoulder.

"Thank you for being here with me. Even with everything that happened." You looked down. Jin tilted your chin up to look at him.

"It's not your fault. Like Namjoon said, don't worry about that for now. We're mates, we will figure things out together. A small disagreement isn't going to split us." Jin smiled.

"Alright." You held his hand and walked into class with all of them.

After the exam, you were suddenly called in for a shift at work so you told the boys to go home first while you went to work.

"We'll take you." Hoseok said.

"It's okay. Go home and rest. Besides, I have to use the restroom before I go. I'll call when I reach." You smiled reassuringly. They nodded, giving you hugs and discreet kisses before leaving. You went to the restroom and when you were done, you were washing your hands with a small hum. Suddenly, the door burst open and you jumped in shock.

"Not so tough without your knights, huh?" Kira crossed her arms. You took a wary step back as one of her girls locked the door. You've watched enough television to know what happens next.